o15 , (heartache.)

Start from the beginning

"What?" He looked confused before realisation dawned on his face. "Thomas? You're upset because I made Thomas a runner? Artie, come on." Newt raised his eyebrow at the boy who gritted his jaw in frustration.

"No. I'm upset because of your blatant favouritism. If anyone else went running into the maze they would get a week in the pit. Him? A fucking night. One night Newt! And he is a runner now. What the hell were you thinking?" He hissed at Newt who shook his head at Arthur.

"I was thinking about The Glade, The Gladers. You." He said that final word strongly leaving no way for further arguments from Arthur. "He has the best chance at getting us out of here, he has seen more progress in the week he has been here than the three years we have. We can't stay here forever. I can't let you stay here forever. It's been too long Artie."

Arthur shook his head. "I hate you." He ran a hand down his face. "I still stand by my point. You fucking favour him one more time and I'll stop talking to you. It's not fair to anyone, you gotta be impartial." Newt grimaced. "Don't make that face at me Blondie."

"I'm never impartial with you but you're not complaining." Arthur frowned at Newt before turning his head away and looking into the distance. "What?" Newt questioned him. Arthur took a few steps back and laughed.

"The girl is running off!" Newt moved next to him before staring wide-eyed at the scene. "We will continue this talk later. We need to see what the hell is happening."

"Miss?" He sat cross-legged on a chair with Ava opposite him. His head was tilted slightly as he observed her, his eyes wide and innocent. The blonde woman shook her head. "Sorry, but what's going on?" He stumbled over his words as he blinked at her. For a five-year-old, he was pronouncing his words rather well—a good progression.

Ava entwined her hands in front of her and looked at him. "You are a very important boy Arthur, everything we do we do for a reason you know that don't you?" Arthur nodded, his head moving at a fast rate. "Good boy." He beamed, happy he had done something right.

Arthur ducked under Winston's plank of wood with a laugh, watching as she launched rocks and other junk that was up there down at the complete mess of people below. Winston looked at Arthur out of the corner of his eye, completely aware that he was finding this amusing and nudged him, pointly looking toward Gally who was waving a fist toward the girl before getting hit on the head.

"You're such an idiot Gally!"

Gally scowled at him. "Don't enjoy this Arthur." The brunette shrugged and watched up at her.

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt's voice came from nearby, Arthur snorted a laugh and shook his head finding the situation way funnier than it should have been. He waved his hand and backed up, jogging out of the danger zone and toward Chuck who was giggling to himself.

"Girls are crazy man!"

Finally, she spoke. "What do you want from me?" Her voice had a warning edge, and Arthur was a bit more subdued, his laughs calming down to smaller, quieter ones.

"We just want to talk." He shook his and tutted, a smile lingering on his face as his friends were threatened. That does not sound the best, he admits but when some people have been annoying you to no extent maybe it's time to get some revenge through other means, like letting them get bullied by the Greenie.