I knew I would experience some doubt from people but the look on his face made it seem like this was impossible.

I needed to prove him wrong.

"If you aren't going to help me then I need to go." I said as he shook his head. "I'll help but I don't know how possible this is, Jules." He said with a sigh.

"I know it seems impossible but I need it to work. I need to put an end to this." I said as he nodded.

"Are you willing to die for it?" He asked with a serious tone. "I don't know." I said quietly. "Then maybe we need to reconsider this plan." He said and raised his brows.

As much as I appreciated him for making sure I was totally ready to do this, I didn't like that there was a sense of doubt.

"I'm going to do it with or without your help." I said then turned to leave the room.

"Alright, chill. I'll help you but I don't really know what I can do. It's not like I have any connections to anyone in the original four." He said as he took my arm, stopping me from leaving.

"I think you're gonna need Colby's help if I'm being honest." He said as I shook my head.

"He'll get killed and that's something I for sure can't deal with again." I said as his brow scrunched.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked with confusion. "Pops made me kill him. He faked his death but I thought he was dead for a while there." I explained as he turned to go sit at his desk.

"Understandably traumatic but I don't think he would want you to die either." He said as I sat across from him.

"Woah..." He said then looked at me. "What?" I asked with concern. "Are you...uh...are you pregnant?" He asked as I looked down at my stomach.

I was wearing the vest which made me look a hundred times more pregnant than when I was standing.

"Yeah..." I said as he shook his head. "You can't do this, Julia. Not while you're pregnant. If they catch wind of that, then that's what they'll target." He explained as I raised my shirt.

"That's why I'm wearing this." I said, showing him the vest I was wearing.

"If these guys are as powerful as you say they are then I don't know how much that's gonna help." Jeremy said as I rolled my eyes.

"Stop doubting me, Jeremy. Jesus fucking christ." I said as he chuckled.

"Sorry. I guess I'm just used to seeing you in a protected space. Colby usually does the dirty work when you two are together." He said and grabbed his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he sighed. "Colby's calling me." He said as I narrowed my eyes.

"Don't tell him I'm here, Jeremy. I'm serious." I said and crossed my arms. "You're gonna get me killed, Juliana." He breathed out then answered the phone.

"Hello?" He asked then put the phone on speaker. "Jeremy. Is Julia with you?" Colby asked with a harsh tone. "No, why?" Jeremy asked and closed his eyes.

I felt kinda bad that I was making him lie to Colby right now knowing full well that Colby would kill him in a heartbeat.

"She's on a mission to essentially kill herself. If you see her you need to let me know." He said with a serious tone.

"Okay, I'll let you know. What's going on though? Should we be worried up here?" He asked and opened his eyes, looking at me.

"Snake and Gold are working together to find Julia and kill her. Do you know who they are?" Colby asked as Jeremy sighed.

"Surprisingly no." He said as Colby hummed.

"They're the big shots that have been underground for a while. They are dangerous and elusive. If they catch wind that Julia is alone they will strike and I don't know if we'll be able to find her." Colby said with a tone that broke my heart.

I already felt bad that I ran off without him knowing but hearing how concerned he sounded broke my heart.

"I'll let you know if I see her." Jeremy said and looked at me with a sad look. "Thanks, man. Keep in touch." Colby said then hung up.

"We need to come up with a plan." I said as soon as I knew he hung up. "What are you thinking?" Jeremy asked with a sigh.

"There was a weasel that always knew everything about everyone...I don't know his name." I said, trying to remember who it was.

I knew his face and what he looked like but his name wasn't something I ever bothered to learn.

"Who? Max?" Jeremy asked as I shrugged. "I don't know. Short guy...literally looks like a weasel." I said as he chuckled.

"Yeah. That's Max. You want me to contact him?" Jeremy asked as I nodded. "Yeah, but he can't know I'm here. He's a rat and will tell everyone. We just need to see what he knows." I said as he nodded.

"Sounds like a plan. Are you sure you're ready for this though?" He asked as I sighed, pausing for just a moment.

"I have to be."