2yeon

Nayeon arrived for work the next morning with breakfast and coffee for herself and Shuhua. She was expecting some sort of scolding from the woman for bailing on her date last night so it wouldn't hurt to have a peace offering ready. After dropping off Ryujin at daycare, she headed to her office and was met with an unamused coworker.

"Good morning Shuhua. I brought breakfast and coffee!" Nayeon smiled and held up a bag of breakfast pastries.

"Nice try, but I'm not falling for it," Shuhua said flatly. "Explain to me why you never showed up for your date last night. Mingyu was very disappointed!"

"I can explain! Just have some coffee first," Nayeon said. She slid over the bag of pastries and coffee across the desk.

"Hmm. You better have a good explanation. Mingyu is a sweetheart, I can't believe you'd bail on him," Shuhua said. She grabbed a chocolate cream puff and stuffed it into her mouth. "Mmmm, that's really good! Where did you get this?"

"This little bakery over by-"

"Argh, no! I'm supposed to be mad at you! Why did you have to bring these?" Shuhua whined cutely. "You're a sly bunny." The Taiwanese woman took a long sip of her coffee and sighed in satisfaction.

"Am I forgiven yet?" Nayeon asked.

"Explain yourself first, then we'll see."

"I did go last night. I even sat at the restaurant for about ten minutes waiting on him because he was running late," Nayeon said. "I was thinking about leaving, but then Jeongyeon showed up."

"Huh? Why was Jeongyeon there?" Shuhua asked.

"Because she...well." Nayeon got shy suddenly and started blushing. She couldn't believe last night had actually happened; it still felt like a dream. "She came to stop me."

"She what now?" Shuhua scooted closer to Nayeon, eagerly waiting for whatever the other woman had to say.

"She pulled me out of the restaurant then confessed that she liked me," Nayeon said, feeling like a teenage girl talking about her first crush.

"Oh my god! She confessed to you?! What did you say? Please tell me you accepted her!"

Nayeon shyly nodded. "I did. I'm her girlfriend now."

Shuhua looked like she was about to burst with excitement. This was the best thing she'd ever heard.

"Waaaahhh! Jeongyeon doesn't waste time huh? Respect," Shuhua said. "So did she kiss you? What was it like? Tell me everything!"

Just then, the phones began to ring at nine on the dot. Office hours were now officially open, and that meant there was no more time for morning chats.

"Tell me later. I want details!"

Shuhua made her promise before returning to her work station and answering the phone. With that, the two women slipped into work mode. It was almost lunch time when they were finally able to take a break.

"Finally!" Shuhua groaned. "It feels like we never get a break anymore ever since Once announced their comeback."

"I know," Nayeon agreed. "I didn't know the company would be this chaotic when preparing for a new album."

"Well, people go crazy when it comes to Once. They're the nation's girl group for a reason."

There was a lull in the office since most people were preparing to take their lunch break so Nayeon slipped out her phone to check for any missed notifications. A bright smile automatically appeared on her face when saw new texts from Jeongyeon.