Chapter 7

"Alright. Get up Ethan." Trey said as he tried for the third time to wake Ethan.

It's been about four days since Ethan's first night in the house. It's been about a week since Trey had seen the twins. The only time he has seen them was in pictures on Instagram.

"I'm not picking you up today. Get up Ethan." Trey said as he took the covers of the boy. Ethan squirmed around before he started wailing.

"Fuck..." Trey muttered to himself

Trey walked out the room. He hid behind the door so Ethan would believe that he had left. Feeling around before opening his eyes, Ethan looked around to see no one in the room. He stopped whining and began to walk down the hall in search of Trey.

Seeing that he was nowhere to be found, Ethan walked back into the room. He sat on the bed and clutched the new Ninja Turtle plush toy Trey had gotten him.

Trey walked back in to see Ethan patiently waiting for him on the bed. It seemed as if he was used to doing that.

"Teri left you alone a lot, huh?" Ethan nodded in response.

"I'm sorry. You just got to get up when I tell you to. I'm not going to be picking you up every day." Trey explained as he grabbed Ethan's hand and led him to the restroom.

They both did their hygiene thing. After, Trey bathed Ethan and picked out his outfit for today.

"C'mon. You're going to meet your brothers today."       

Lauren had finally decided to let Trey keep the boys while she went to work. It took some arguing, but since Trey worked at a Boys and Girls Club, they thought it would be easier for him to watch the twins.

Since Lauren said she would drop the boys off, Trey made sure to get to work a little early so he could introduce Ethan to his coworkers.

"Cute kid, man." Trey's longtime friend Marcus said as he got the basketballs ready for the day.

"Thanks, bro." Trey replied as he instructed Ethan to go play while he talks to Marcus.

"What's the story on him? I knew you had the twins, but you never talked about him before." Marcus asked

"I just found out he was my son about five days ago. And I'm still not sure. I haven't got a test done yet." Trey replied focusing on the door and Marcus as he waited for Lauren to arrive.

"Where's his mama man?"

"You remember that chick I cheated on Lauren with...?" Trey asked as Marcus' eyes got wide.

"I could've sworn we had this talk about the birds and the bees. You should've been strapped!" He whispered making sure Ethan didn't hear. He was in his own little world as he played by himself.