Chapter 22

I clung tightly to Holden's waist as we raced down the backroads near Lilith's house. The cool wind whipped around us, but I pushed heat through my body with my fire magic to keep myself warm. I managed to convince Holden not to force the jacket on me, which was something of a small miracle. I leaned slightly with him as he took the curves. He told me that was the best way to learn at first, and I loved every minute of the small freedom granted to me on the back of this bike.

Once I was proficient on my own, the freedom would be indescribable, but I did like how close I had to cling to him. He reached around and tapped my leg twice, our little signal that he wanted to take off even faster. I tightened my grip on his waist before tapping twice against his stomach, letting him know that I was ready. The bike roared under us, and a squeal of excitement left my lips as we shot off on the straight stretch of road. I felt Holden chuckle more than I heard it. When the road started to curve again, he slowed us back down to a reasonable speed before swerving onto a side road.

He slowed us to a stop on a dirt path. The trees kept us hidden from the main road and the canopy above us let just enough light in to make it feel like a little garden from a fairytale. He leaned the bike against the kickstand and let me off. He pulled at his helmet strap, so I did the same and yanked the thing off my head. He took it from me and set them both to the ground before sliding back in the seat and pulling me to straddle the bike backwards to face him.

"I don't think this would be a good way to ride," I joked as he gripped my ass and pulled me flush against him.

"It may not be a good way to ride the bike, but it's a great way for you to ride me," he smirked, pulling the elastic out of my hair and threading his fingers through it. Electricity burst through my veins and straight to my core at his words. I leaned close to him, our lips almost touching as his fingers slid under my shirt. I shivered at the heat his hands offered as he leaned forward to seal our lips, but I pulled back before he could. A grunt passed his lips and his gaze darkened. He dropped his mouth to my neck, tightening his grip on my waist to keep me in place. I fisted my hand in his hair and tugged him back to look me in the eyes.

"Who says I want to get fucked on a bike?" I questioned him, leaning so close our lips were almost toughing.

"Oh, doll, I can get you begging me to fuck you right here," he growled, finally catching me off guard long enough to capture my lips with his. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling myself closer to him and grinding against his hard length. His tongue pushed its way into my mouth as he palmed my breast over my shirt. He leaned me back against the gas tank, so my head was leaning against the handlebars.

Holden kissed down my body at an agonizingly slow rate, making every inch of me hot and writhe underneath him. He slowly lifted my tank top over my head, kissing the skin as he exposed it. His fingers trailed down to my waistband where he popped the button and slid down the zipper. My hips bucked up as his fingers trailed lightly over my core and a strangled whimper passed my lips. He removed his hands from me suddenly and I peered up at him. He was shaking his hands out like he was in pain, and I gave him a questioning look. "Get rid of the fire, doll," he said, showing me his reddened palms. I expelled the heat from my body in one breath and pulled him back down against my body as it turned to ice under his touch. His fingers found my panties and pushed beneath the waistband quickly, rubbing lightly against the apex of my thighs.

A moan pulled from my throat, and he removed his fingers from my skin. I growled at the loss, realizing he was messing with me on purpose. I quickly unhooked my bra and pulled my jeans and shoes off too, laying there on his bike, with nothing on but my panties. "What happened to you not wanting to fuck on my bike?"

"This is how I beg," I replied, pulling his clothed body against my naked one. The denim of his jeans rubbed against my clit in the perfect way. I reached between us to pull him free of his jeans and stroked my hand slowly up the hard length of him. I forced fire to my other hand and touched my panties. They burned off my skin in an instant. A gasp escaped Holden's lips and I pushed him backwards so I could straddle him on the bike. I ripped his shirt from his body as he pushed his pants lower on his legs.