11 - Team Galactic's Child Prodigy

———

-No One's POV-

"Greetings, Miss Team Galactic Lieutenant (Y/N)." Saturn smiles calmly. "I must say, you really saved our necks the other day."

"Which day? She saves us every day!" Mars exclaims, still clinging to (Y/N) with an eager grin.

Saturn exhales. "I cannot deny that. It's the only reason someone of her age can work here."

The sound of heels clicking across the flooring causes everyone's heads to snap in one direction. A rather tall and extremely —  almost unhealthily — slender woman turns around the corner and meets the gaze of everyone in the passageway.

"Just because she's a clever one doesn't mean you can shower her with praise all the time." She mumbles, her vivid magenta eyes shooting daggers at the two other Commanders. "Master Cyrus demands you get back to work and stop bugging his daughter. Quit slacking off or you'll have to pay for it tenfold."

Both Mars and Saturn step away from the smaller, yet inevitably stronger, member of Team Galactic with a grimace. "Yes, Jupiter-san..." They mumble in unison, trudging away.

Once they're out of sight, Jupiter curtly sighs, turning to (Y/N). With her vibrant purple and peculiarly shaped pigtails bobbing, Jupiter nods. "You're welcome," she mutters.

"Thank you," the child responds, immaculately stoic, (e/c) gaze boring into the older female.

"You do know that they try to please you in order to gain favor with Master Cyrus, right?" Jupiter places a hand on her hip, perfectly lip-sticked lips curving into a frown that writes disdain all over her face.

"Is that so..." (Y/N) murmurs, not breaking eye contact with her. "I would have never guessed." She finishes dully, sarcasm oozing in her tone.

Jupiter shrugs. "You're nothing short of a genius, don't get me wrong. But really, don't lead them on. They're a bunch of fools that somehow scraped their way up here. You know, just the other day, they were battling a boy no older than ten."

"Let me guess," (Y/N) chuckles. "They lost."

"Like you wouldn't believe." Jupiter shakes her head, smirking.

"We still managed to blow up that lake, though,"

Jupiter confirms. "Yep. The bombs we constructed worked like a charm. Magikarp are flopping all over the place, you should've seen it. But noooo... You were holed up at the headquarters, doing what again?"

"I was training." She replies.

"Admit it, you were sleeping in." Jupiter points a slim, pale finger at the young girl.

(Y/N) rolls her eyes. "You know I'm not a morning person. Never have been."

Jupiter's scowl returns, deeper than before. "Yeah, well-"

Before the eccentric Commander of Team Galactic could say another word, the metallic sound of a door sliding open resounded through the hallways. But, the entrances were always locked and kept that way.

The only way for a true member to access this base was to use the key cards that activate the transporting panels that can teleport people to any location in the building that matches up with the panel. So that means...

"Intruder! Intruder!" Mars shouts, racing around the corner. Each step pounded against the floor as she skidded to a stop before us, breaths ragged. Her horror-stricken face was unwavering. "It's him again! The trainer! Who beat! Saturn and me! Help!" She squeaks.

"There's no way he's as strong as they say he is." (Y/N) chuckles darkly, unhooking a Poke Ball from her uniform's belt and tossing it into the air, then snatches it up right before it begins to plunge downward. "This'll be a piece of cake, promise."