-Chapter 3-

Mason sat at the entrance to the barraks, panting on his knees. He had ran all the way here, afraid he would be late, and dismay his father. He heard footsteps slowly approaching him, echoing against the concrete floors. He slowly looked up to see his father towering over him, a warm, welcoming smile in his face. "Hello Mason. Welcome to your first day of combat traning." He said, still grinning down at his tired son. "Today, we will be training in melee. Get up." King Sky said, holding his gloved hand out for him to take. He took his father's hand, getting up off of the rocky gravel he had been kneeling on. The King lead him to one of the training rooms in the basement, letting go of his hand when they got to the center of it. The room was humongous, with concrete flooring and cobblestone walls.Archery ranges lined the opposite side if it, along with various other types of ranged weapons. On the side of the room he just entered, there were wooden shelves upon wooden shelves chock full of swords, axes, nunchucks... any weapon you could think of was sitting on one of the many shelves. Mason gaped at the room. He had never actually been in it, suprisingly. King Sky walked over to a shelf and grabbed two swords; both a shiny yellow color. He tossed one to Mason, and walked back over to him. "Alright. Now, first of all, we have our basic block." He said, putting his sword in front of him as if he was blocking someone's sword from hitting him. "Alright, now you try. We will do this until you master it, then we will start sparring. You will work your way up after a number of combat training lessons. Mason and his father practiced until the sun went down, training for something they didn't know would be so soon.

-Author's Note-

REMEMBER, Sky (or Adam) is older in this story, and isn't the actual age he is now. Thanks for reading!