"Now, lead the way, Hunkyhair."
Keefe raised his eyebrows at Tam.
"Don't think you've ever called me Hunkyhair before, do it more often, it makes me fall for you even more." Keefe said, grinning.
Keefe took Tam's hand into his as he began to lead the way to the cliff.

Tam grimaced. "Ehhh... it rolls off the tongue weirdly, I'm never calling you Hunkyhair again."
Keefe pouted and Tam smiled.
"Wow Tam, I see you're trying to hurt me." Keefe said, in a dramatic tone of voice.
"Oh stop overreacting." Tam said, rolling his eyes.

It took a little while but eventually Keefe and Tam made it to the cliff.
Keefe forced Tam to close his eyes as they got closer, guiding the male by holding both his hands. Tam didn't want to close his eyes but Keefe stated that he wanted to see Tam's reaction to the view.

"Can I open my eyes?" Tam asked.
"Uhh, few more steps." Keefe said, guiding Tam, walking backwards himself.
"Please don't walk us off the cliff, especially since you're walking backwards." Tam pleaded.
"Oh nooo, I'm so close to the edge that I'm gonna-" Keefe began.
"Oh, woah!"
Tam felt his anxiety rise and Keefe laughed nervously.
"I nearly tripped, nowhere near the edge! Promise!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Alright, uh... here is a good place! Open your eyes!"
Tam felt Keefe let go of his hands and he slowly opened his eyes.
Tam blinked a couple times as he looked out into the horizon.
Keefe bit his lower lip as he watched Tam.
"... Soo?" Keefe questioned.
Tam took a few steps forward as the wind blew, his cape swooshing to the right. His hair covering his face but he was still able to see the beautiful ocean down below the very... dangerous looking edge of the cliff.

"How did you find this place?" Tam asked, looking at Keefe.
Keefe shrugged. "I like wandering, taking a walk when I need to relax."
Tam looked back at the view.
"So, we're gonna be sitting here and what?" Tam questioned.
"Watch the sunset?" Keefe suggested.
"Talk? I dunno, get to know one another a bit more?"
Tam looked at Keefe again.

"You are a hopeless romantic." Tam said.
"... That sounded sarcastic." Keefe squinted his eyes at Tam.
Tam smiled.
"Mmh...noo, I was being so sincere~" Tam stated, plopping down on the grassy cliff and crossing his legs as he leaned back with the support of his hands behind his back on the grass.

Keefe sat down beside Tam and rested his head on Tam's shoulder.
"I hate you." Keefe mumbled.
"I can see that, I hate you too." Tam said, glancing at Keefe.
Keefe smiled and hid his face in Tam's shoulder.

Keefe felt a lot of emotions. It was a lot of strong emotions from Tam and from himself. It was strange. You would expect it to be overwhelming but no, Keefe liked it. Mostly because there was one feeling that they shared, the strongest emotion out of all the other emotions they were feeling.

Of course, that emotion was none other than love.

"Soo... is Linh gonna act all protective of you whenever I'm around you from now on?"
"Hah! Oh yeah, she's gonna give you some nasty glares."
"... Great."

*****

A few hours had passed but honestly, it didn't feel like it. Tam and Keefe didn't mind how they spent so much of their time together.
They had watched the sunset and they were now just staring up at the stars.

Keefe was resting, his head was on Tam's lap. Tam was running his fingers through Keefe's blonde locks and Keefe didn't mind.
"Think Linh is getting worried?" Keefe asked, looking up at Tam.
Keefe smiled to himself as he noticed how Tam seemed to only stare up at the stars, admiring them.
"Oi."
Keefe gently tapped Tam's chin and Tam snapped out of his thoughts as he looked down at Keefe.

"Mmh? What?" Tam asked.
"Linh. Have you messaged her at all?" Keefe asked.
Tam blinked and he grimaced as he took his hands away from Keefe's hair and he instantly dug his imparter out.
Keefe laughed as he watched how frantically Tam began to type out something on his imparter.

" I'm dead. "Tam stated.
"When I go home, she's killing me."
"Awh, don't go home then. Stay with meee!" Keefe exclaimed.
Tam glanced at Keefe and smiled.
"You'd get sick of my presence." Tam said.
"Nah, you'd get sick of mine." Keefe said, looking up at Tam.
Tam rolled his eyes and his imparter then pinged.
Tam glanced at it and he bit his inner cheek.

Keefe furrowed his eyebrows.
"What'd Linh say?" Keefe asked, getting up from Tam's lap and sitting up now.
Keefe shuffled over next to Tam and glanced at the messages between Linh and Tam.
"She kinda wants me to head home now." Tam said, putting his imparter away.

Keefe grumbled.
"Noooooo..." Keefe mumbled, wrapping his arms around Tam.
Tam felt his cheeks warm up and he snickered.
"Get off Sencen." Tam said, gently taking Keefe's arms off from his body.
Keefe looked at Tam and Tam seen how Keefe was frowning.

"I'm not disappearing off the earth. You can always hail me when you're home." Tam stated.
"Or just message me."
Keefe grumbled.
"... Yeah, but I don't get to pester you and just poke you whenever I please." Keefe said, now poking Tam's shoulder.
Tam let out a sigh and rolled his eyes.

"You want Linh to ban me from seeing you ever again?"
"She can't do that-"
"She can and will."
"... Oh wow! You should go home! Let me say goodbye to you at the door like the gentleman that I am and convince your sister that I'm not a scoundrel!"
"That's what I thought."

*****

Linh stared at Keefe, glaring at him from behind Tam.
"... See I was hoping to say bye to Tam in like private?" Keefe stated, glancing at Linh, feeling uncomfortable.
Tam hung his head low and bit his inner cheek.
"Linh, C'mon, five minutes." Tam said, glancing back behind him.
"Nah, I'm good here." Linh said, crossing her arms as she continued to stare at Keefe.

Keefe cleared his throat as he leaned against the doorframe, stuffing his hands in his pockets.
"Well, I was gonna say something maybe romantic but I feel awkward since I am being stared down by your sister." Keefe stated, looking at Tam and trying his best to ignore Linh's stare.
Tam looked at Keefe.
"Yeah, uh best for you to just go. I'm sure your dad will be wondering where you are." Tam said.
Keefe shrugged.
"Eh, don't care about him." Keefe said.
Tam raised his eyebrows.

"Right. Message me when you get back home." Tam stated.
Tam took a step forward and pecked Keefe's cheek. Keefe couldn't help but smile, biting his lower lip as his heart fluttered.
"Mmhmm, will do." Keefe nodded.
"I'll see you at school tomorrow?"
"See you, Sencen." Tam said, gently pushing Keefe back as he slowly began to shut the door.
Keefe nodded and he looked down at the ground as he dug out his crystal while Tam shut the door and locked it.

Before Keefe light-leapt away, he heard Tam bickering with his sister.
"You just had to stare menacingly behind me?"
"I cannot let that Sencen boy hurt you again!"
"Oh my god, 'that Sencen boy'?!"
Keefe snickered and held his home crystal up, light-leaping back to his home.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1947