V.1 - 5. The First Step pt.2

Start from the beginning

Time seems to suddenly slow down as Ruby slides to a halt in front of Weiss as she just turns to face her. She stops just in time for their eyes to meet and then an awkward silence follows. This ends when Weiss turns on her heel and walks away from Ruby ignoring her existence.

Weiss: No way in hell am I being partnered with her, F/n would have been much better! She screams internally.

Ruby: Ruby follows her slightly but stops. "Wait! Where are you going?!" She then kicks the ground upset at Weiss's action. "We're supposed to be teammates..." Of course it had to be her...

Weiss is struggling her way through the forest, giving an occasional grunt or "Ow!" as she pushes plants out of her way. She then brushes herself off and sighs in relief when she suddenly hears a voice above her.

Jaune: struggling to free himself from the tree. "Come on, come on! Stupid...!"

Weiss sees Jaune hanging a few feet in the air by the spear Pyrrha threw is now stuck in his hood and the tree behind him. he finally gives up trying to pull it out, he looks down and sees Weiss who has a disgusted look on her face, he gives her an embarrassed wave while looking away. Weiss simply decides to heads back in the direction where Ruby was and Jaune groans in embarrassment and dejection.

Jaune: "oh come on Jaune you lost your chance to be her partner..." he says to himself in a sad tone.

Weiss: she walks right past Ruby and pulls her by her hood making her follow her. "By no means does this make us friends." I guess this is a much better choice than that blonde idiot.

Ruby: completely overjoyed as she's dragged away into the bushes by Weiss "You came back!"

Jaune: he sees all this happening and he frantically waves his hand. "Wait! Come back! Who's going to get me down from here?!"

Pyrrha: "Jaune?" he looks down to see the red Spartan. "Do you... have any spots left on your team?"

Jaune: he crosses his arms as he dangles from the tree. "Very funny..." he finally looks down to her and gives a small smile, which she returns a big one"

We see Weiss trudging through the forest, with Ruby a bit behind her.

Ruby: "What's the hurry?"

Weiss: "I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow! I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your—" A smiling Ruby suddenly appears next to her. "What the...?"

Ruby: "I'm not slow, see? You don't have to worry about me!"

Weiss: she looks back, slightly amazed by her speed "When did...?"

Ruby: "Weiss, just because I don't exactly know how to deal with people doesn't mean I don't know how to deal with monsters!" She puts an arm around the shoulders of a skeptical looking Weiss. "You're about to see a whole different side of me today, Weiss, and after it's all over, you're going to be like," "Wow! That Ruby girl is really, really cool... and I wanna be her friend!"

Ruby disappears in a bundle of rose petals, which Weiss waves out of her face just as she hears crackling and rustling in the bushes around her.

Weiss: calls out to Ruby. "You may be fast, but you still excel at wasting time!" silence follows but more noise are heard around her. "Ruby?" the forest begins to darken, making Weiss to lean in to try and find her new partner that disappeared, as a pair of red eyes are seen glaring behind her. "Ruby...? Oum I wish F/n was here instead... wait! no screw..." she say the last part in a sad tone but stops herself from finishing.

Weiss: "Why come back in my life now... F/n" his name lingers on her lips but her attention is drawn to the noises.

As all around her, multiple pairs of red eyes stare at her from the bushes and a deep growl is heard. She turns around until she spots a large Beowolf emerging from a bush and slowly approaching her.

Weiss: "Ruby!"

The Beowolf roars as we switch to F/n.

F/N's Pov
I'm running through the forest trying to make my way to the ruins, dreading the moment I get a partner. I push past some bushes as I enter a clearing but I'm not alone... Grimm Beowolves to be exact... they were a few feet away from me but because of the noises I made they spotted me.

I immediately grab the hilt of my katana and got into my stance, waiting for a good chance to strike a beowolf lunges towards me as I quickly slash my katana upwards as I step slightly to the right completely cutting the first beowolf in half. Two beowolves then charge me as I then sprints towards them, they both try to slash at me but I dodge by jumping in-between there claws, I land and spin around with the momentum, I then dash quickly towards them as I effectively cut the two in to pieces.

I spin around while transforming my sword into its rifle form, I crouch, firing on the last remaining Grimm finally dispatching them as I put it back in sword form and back in its scabbard.

F/N: "damn I needed this today, but that was too few for my liking" now I best get to the ruins, who knows I might find my useless partner there...

I take off in the direction of the ruin temple while killing any Grimm in my way or nearby but reluctantly looking out for someone to be my partner

F/N: I suddenly stop "Aaaah! why do I need a partner!" I shout out as I heard a noise suddenly behind which causes me to be on guard as I spin and jump back grabbing the hilt of W/N preparing to fight but I don't see any Grimm but a girl stumbling out of some bushes.

F/N: "you got to be joking" I say shocked and unamused. "Great... I've found a partner." Thinking to myself.

???: "uhh... Hi... so you have a... partner or?" She says embarrassed as she trips and face plants to the ground.

F/N: I stare speechless at her but I finally respond to her "no I don't... so I guess you're my partner then" completely annoyed at the fact I now have a partner.

F/N "don't slow me down you understand and keep your distance... for your sake."

???: she quickly gets up of the ground. "Wow rude... but anyways the names Lilith whats.. your... wait! your him aren't you!"

F/N: I sigh while placing my hand against my face "F/n... yeah I'm him now let's go... Lilith."

Lilith: She jumps with joy "Oh boy who knew I would be paired with a famous person my life got a lot easier! My sisters will be jealous! Haahaaa!"

This girl is killing me right now, my first impression of her as been made even more worse, I just want this over already these two days has just been one thing after another, i snap out of my thoughts as I yell to her to hurry up as I sprint to the ruins as I landed a fair bit away from the place and as I'm running I notice... Weiss! Surrounded by Grimm so I immediately rush to her instead as the scene fades to black.
———————————————————————————

END