Village Boy

2

Sorin woke up to the sound of someone barging into his room. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, trying to digest what is going on. His friend, Erick, stood in front of him, clearly excited about something.

"Sorin, bangon! May pina pa bigay sayo si Lolo Aamon," Erick exclaimed, barely containing his enthusiasm.

Sorin groaned, still feeling sleepy. He wondered what could possibly be so exciting that Erick would wake him up so early in the morning.

"What is it, Erick?" Sorin asked, stifling a yawn.

Erick grinned, his eyes sparking with excitement. "Come, see for yourself. Nandon sa baba."

Sorin got out of the bed reluctantly. He followed Erick patungong sala.

Habang binabaybay ni Sorin ang hagdan pa baba, isang ngiti ang sumilay sa kanyang labi. "Oh, I almost forgot, special pala ang araw nato." Saad nito sa sarili.

But his smile was quickly replaced by a puzzled look, ' ano naman kaya ang ibibigay ni Lolo Aamon?' Tanong nito sa sarili.

Aamon Silva is currently the village chief of Mistwood. He is a level four wizard, and the only person who can use magic in the village, not until sixteen years ago.

When Sorin still a month old baby, Aamon sense a faint mana pulse on Sorin, but what confuses him was both Sorin's parent didn't have any mana which is essential for conjuring spells. Because of this peculiarity, he took an interest on young Sorin. At such a young age, Aamon taught Sorin all his knowledge about magic.

Kaya sa tagal ng pagsasama ng dalawa tinuring na ni Aamon na sariling apo si Sorin.

As Sorin stepped in the living room, he was met with a joyous chorus of "Happy Birthday, Sorin!" His parents, Nolan and Marie, stood before him, their smiles radiant with pride and love. Sorin couldn't help but smile back, feeling blessed to have such caring parents.

But the surprises didn't end there. His best friend, Erick are already there alongside with his other childhood best friend, Layla, were also present, beaming with excitement. They held a large wooden box adorned with intricate carvings and enchanting patterns.

Sorin's eyes widened as he approached the box, his fingers itching with curiosity. The wooden box was beautifully crafted, its surface polished to a gleam. It seemed to hum with magical energy, and Sorin could sense the presence of something extraordinary within.

Layla handed Sorin a delicate envelope, and he carefully opened it, revealing a handwritten letter from the village chief, Aamon. The chief, in his elegant script, expressed his deepest apologies for not being able to attend Sorin's special day due to pressing matters that required his immediate attention.

"I hope you understand, Sorin," Aamon had written. "But I wanted to make sure you knew how proud we are of your achievements. To mark this day, I offer you a gift of great significance, one that has been entrusted to me by our ancestors."

With trembling hands, Sorin placed the letter aside and turned his attention back to the wooden box. He gently lifted the lid, revealing a magnificent magical staff nestled within. The staff was a work of art, intricately carved from a rare and ancient wood, with a crystal at its tip that shimmered like a star.