¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 15¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

Chong Ah Academy of Arts

Auditorium 

The soft, melodic notes of Symphony No. 25 echoed in the inner auditorium as the orchestra warmed up. In front of the large stage, ten seats were arranged with respective tables. As it was very early, the seats were unoccupied, save for one. 

On the center chair sat Cheon Seo Jin, her face set into an impassive scowl. Since the day she invited Ms Dragonstone to the audition ceremony, it seemed to have been her permanent expression. Her mind was a whirlwind of emotion these days, due to the many happenings of the present. Her passionate affair with Joo Dan Tae was stronger than ever, with the latter recently giving her a pass to enter anywhere inside Hera Palace. It was immensely satisfying to get showered with affection, since she had never received anything but disapproval from her useless excuse of a husband in the first place.

 Even for an ambitious woman like her, seducing a family man like Joo Dan Tae seemed impossible at first, seeing how devoted he was to his wife. But it was funny how easy it was to seduce him. No matter how loving he was, in the end, he was still a man. Betrayal was in their blood 

Even though it was purely a fling, it was truly gratifying, the effect she had on Joo Dan Tae. Cheon Seo Jin knew she felt nothing but lust for him, and the only love she felt was for his material possessions. She wanted to make that wretched woman Shim Su Ryeon suffer. Even the mention of that wench made her face contort. But at the end, Shim Su Ryeon lost to her. Remembering that, Cheon Seo Jin's lips curled into a smile. What better way to knock the queen off her throne than steal her King? A queen was nothing without her king. That's what her mother always said. It was glorious, Cheon Seo Jin thought in exhilaration.

The  tinkle of her ringing phone interrupted her train of thoughts as she peered at the screen. A tiny genuine smile appeared on her face as she pressed the answer button.

''Eun Byeol! What is it?''

''EEOMMA!'' A distressed voice came from the other end, making Cheon Seo Jin stand stock still in panic.

''Why? What is it? Are you alright? I thought you were on your way to the audi---'' Gasping in panic, Cheon Seo Jin lost her composure instantly , even making the orchestra halt. Disregarding them, she speed-walked towards the entrance of the auditorium. ''Did you get into an accident?! Are you hurt?! How could this ha---''

''Eomma, I'm fine, I'm fine. But I lost my lucky necklace grandfather gave me! How am I supposed to sing without it?'' Snarling in frustration, Cheon Seo Jin seethed in anger. All that just because of a puny necklace. She wasted no time in berating her daughter about unnecessary phone calls and quickly hung up. 

Her feet had taken her to the entrance of the academy building, decorated beautifully for the upcoming ceremony.  She could see crowds of children with hopeful looks on their anxious looking faces head over to the back building, where the waiting area was set up. Today was another big day for Chong Ah Academy, and even more a big day for her precious daughter Eun Byeol. 

She stared off into the distance at the lavishly decorated academy entrance and was met with a sight that truly repulsed her.

A short haired older woman, wearing a shabby coat, led a young girl up the front steps of the academy. The girl wore the Chong Ah Academy's uniform, with frayed edges and loose threads coming off.  It was obvious it was a hand-me-down. God knows how she got her filthy hands on that. Cheon Seo Jin fumed as she glared at the mother-daughter pair.  She could see the older woman size up the academy building, a ghost of a smile on her lips. The edges of the scarf wrapped around her neck fluttered in the wind, further angering Cheon Seo Jin, The memories were vivid, but she felt no remorse .Only