Chapter 3: Group Meeting

You entered the Conference Hall and saw that Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury have already arrived.

"Hey angel, I'm so glad to see you moving again. I always knew you were the strongest of us."

Cinder looked away, unsure of how to show her scarred face to you. You grabbed her chin and gently turned her head toward you.

"Beautiful as always. No way some naïve kid is going to take that away."

Cinder blushed in spite of her anger toward her injuries.

"Come here."

You pulled Cinder into a kiss and she placed her remaining hand on your cheek. The other members, Tyrian Callows, Hansel, and Arthur Watts come in and take their seats.

Watts became disgusted by your and Cinder's display of affection.

Watts: "Must you?"

"If you had someone that was your light, you'd understand a little bit."

Watts: "As if that's an excuse to constantly show your affection in front of us. Now you all quiet down."

Cinder glared at Watts and snapped her fingers to get Emerald and Mercury to her side.

Watts: "Yes, yes. Please keep your... posse in check."

Mercury tried to retaliate, but Emerald stopped him.

Emerald: "You hear that? Silence. I have half the mind to thank the little girl that'd bested you."

Tyrian: "If I were you, I'd hunt her down, find her, and... well, she took your eye."