Answer

May 9TuesdayYear 1

May 9
Tuesday
Year 1

As I wait for Taehyung outside the classroom, I sink into my thoughts. This weekend had come and gone.

I felt victorious in finding out part of Mr. Motorcycle's name - Jeon. To think that I'll see him around next semester. Was he younger? Or was he starting college after a break? He did look new to the neighborhood. He might've been moving and missed enrollment.

Apart from that, Taehyung tried apologizing for how he reacted at his house. I let him know that he didn't have to apologize since it was my fault for wandering uninvited. He interrupted me to say that Yeontan technically invited me to roam, so I hadn't done anything wrong. We both just laughed it off.

I feel something against my shoulder. The airy scent of pineapple hits my nose and I realize that it's Taehyung's hair. From behind me, Taehyung had rested his forehead against my shoulder.

He lifts his head up, and I turn to look up at him. He smiles down softly. "Hi, Seolli."

As he says my name, he unclasps his employee lanyard off to tuck it away in his back pocket. He looks exhausted. Did he work so early this morning?

He watches me, and as if reading my mind, he answers. "I got called in for an emergency this morning."

Emergency? My eyes widen.

"Everything was okay..." he responds calmly, nodding along to his words.

"Good thing you were there." I mention.

His smile widens and he hums. "Good thing."

I don't prod him for anymore details, content with knowing that everything is alright at the hospital.

"Seolli, about my stepfather-"

Karin jumps from behind him. "Seolli! if you had a crush on a boy for a long time, but another boy was showing you more interest than the sack of potatoes. What would you do?"

There's a little whine in her voice, and the crease between her eyebrows is deep.

I blush, but understand she's seeking my advice. "I..."

"They're both cute." She adds with a huff.

I repeat the words in my head, drawing my eyes up as I try to imagine myself in that scenerio. What would I do? What would the right thing to do be? Instead of thinking too hard about that, my thoughts drift into thinking about how touched I am that Karin is going to me for advice. Does this mean she sees me as a friend now?

I feel the warmth radiate out from my heart.

Taehyung chuckles. "Karin, if someone else took away your attention, wouldn't it be unfair to still like the first person?"

"Kim Taehyung. Why are you meddling? This is girls' business." Karin turns my way and holds my arm. "Seolli, please sit next me! I need both you and Jiyoo's advice."

I beam, but then remember that moments ago, Taehyung was trying to tell me something about his stepfather. Turning his way, he mouths "I'll tell you later."

I nod.

Karin lets go to rush to Jiyoo who is already in the classroom, fighting along with Jimin. Karin pushes Jimin in his seat a couple of times until he tumbles out, and she proudly takes his seat. "Hit the back for today, boys."

Jimin looks at Taehyung as we approach the group. He looks ready to complain, but Taehyung holds up his hand and grabs the back of his shirt to pull him to the row behind.

I hide a smile and walk into the row to sit next to Karin. Jiyoo looks at me and smiles a little. "Hey," she greets me, and it's like we've been friends all along.

Karin fills her in as quick as she can before Mr. Jung begins the lecture. We're only a few weeks away from our final. It's hard to believe the semester is coming to an end so soon.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I turn to find Taehyung leaning close. He passes me a note and I take it, noticing my name written on it. For me?

l open it up, curious to what he wrote.

Can I know the answer to that question too? What would you do?

I hold in my breath. He wants to know too? Or is it because he doesn't want to be left out? Would I be betraying the girls if I tell him my answer?

I guess I can only answer for myself....

I write down my response before folding it and turning back to see if he's ready for the note.

He lays his arm out and opens his palm for me to drop it in.

I do, turning back around to make sure Mr. Jung doesn't catch us.

That doesn't stop me from sneaking a peek, watching his eyes scan over it quickly before a smile overtakes his face. He tucks the note away into his pocket before leaning back on his chair and crossing his arms across his chest.

I find myself smiling in return.

In that note, I had written:

I would follow my heart,

hoping that it would lead me to the person that can cherish my feelings the most.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Author's note;;

Who missed these two??? I know I did. I promised to update "Bad Guy", so I put this on hold until I got the chapter out. I'm returning to frequent updates. I see that wattpad has a scheduled update feature. That'll help me make the updates more of a routine <3