The promise

April 16FridayYear 1

April 16
Friday
Year 1

I nervously clutch my bag as I walk toward the other side of the neighborhood. 

This is the first time in a while that I've been invited to someone's house. 

Matching the house number to the one in the text, I step up toward the door and press the doorbell. A dog barks and I jump back a little. I hope I didn't startle it too much.

The house is lively. The music playing inside can be heard from where I'm standing, vibrations of the bass almost shaking the window. 

The door opens, and I'm greeted by a girl. His sister?

"U-um..." I clear my throat.

 "Seolllliiiii~" I hear from behind her. 

The girl looks over her shoulder. "Of couuuurrrseee. You're here for Jimin."

Jimin's laugh stutters and he looks at her as if to say And?

I hold back a smile. His dog uses the opportunity to wedge itself between his sister's legs to break free.

"Oh," I chase after it with arms stretched out. The dog is too fast and every time I bend over to catch it, it dodges me. 

"Susu!" Jimin yells with a whistle before jumping in front and catching her in his arms. 

I bump into them and apologize. Jimin laughs.

Leading the way back into his house, he does a little spin while giving me a smile. "By the way, I didn't think you'd come over."

I take off my shoes while he closes the door behind us. "S-should-"

Jimin shakes his hand. "No, not like you aren't welcome. I just thought it would take more and even Taehyung for you to come over."

He drops Susu down and she makes her way over to me. 

She jumps up my leg, causing my dress to lift. I blush and try to hold it down while avoiding her.

"Sorry," I whisper. "I haven't been around a dog."

Jimin raises his eyebrows and looks at me. "Wait- but- really?"

I nod and he continues to look at me, perplexed.

His face suddenly lights up. "Ah...Let's head up. It's too loud down here. Jiyeon!!"

She responds by playing the music louder. 

He inhales deeply with closed eyes. "I swear..."

I giggle softly and follow him up the stairs. 

I can't help but look around as we go up, marveled by how the staircase wrapped around, and how tall the ceilings were. Really, I'm amazed that I'm in Jimin's house. He had texted me after my last class, wanting to talk more about the festival and concert. So I was happy to come over.