Crochet

March 26FridayYear 1

March 26
Friday
Year 1

Ever since my mom came home, she has been cooking. 

The plan for tomorrow is to grill meat and corn, so all the other foods need to be prepared by then.

I volunteered to help, but she's particular about how things are done.

Instead, I lounge on the couch and read a book.

Only, the heat is getting to me. 

Fanning myself, I stand up from the living room floor and throw open a window. 

I close my eyes and enjoy the breeze.

"Seols, is your friend coming over?" She calls from the kitchen island. 

I turn from the window and look at her. "He's going with his friends out of town for the weekend..."

She pouts. "Oh bummer, next time."

I nod and walk back to my spot on the living room floor. Before I pick up the book I'm in the middle of, I notice my phone light up with a notification. 

My eyes widen as I catch Taehyung's Instagram handle.

Tapping it open, I chew on my lip as I wait for the messages to open up. 

He sent... a pink flower, a pink knitted flower?

I panic when I see him type again. 

K.THNG: 

I couldn't wait to see them

So I made this

He made that? It turned out very cute, and don't you need experience to make something like flowers? I'm jealous...

I think about what to type. 

Seollilili:

It's so pretty. It's knitted?

K.THNG:

Crochet :)

You aren't going to ask if I really made it?

Seollilili:

Did you really make it??

K.THNG:

Haha

Yeah, but you're not surprised?

Seollilili:

I am! It's hard work doing that. 

I tried once but I couldn't go around more than once.

K.THNG:

:)

Thank you Seolli

I hold my cheek in my hand, feeling how hot it is. Talking to Taehyung is making me nervous, but I like that it's easier for me since I don't have to face him. 

K.THNG:

I'll give it to you on Tuesday

Seollilili:

Oh! Thank you! I'll bring a handkerchief.

K.THNG:

:)

Turning my phone off, I rest my head against the couch cushion.

Taehyung's really nice and because I complimented him, he was giving the flower to me. 

Even so, I'll take good care of it because I know how precious it is to give something to a friend. 

With a smile, I think about how it's another cherry blossom I'm waiting for.