But she knew that the only person who could save her was herself. 

She bottle up all her emotions, her hand clenched tight, and walked briskly. 

A dozen or so cars whizzed by, their high beams blinding her. 

She stopped in her tracks, shielding her eyes from the glare. When the cars passed, her vision was still blurry. 

Feeling on the verge of a breakdown, she rubbed her eyes hard, but her vision remained unfocused. 

Unable to see clearly, she couldn’t continue and had to squat down and wait for her eyes to adjust. 

The guy in the Aston Martin, by chance, glanced at the rearview mirror. 
Chapter 299 

The moment he saw that huddled figure, his heart skipped a beat, “Stop the car-” 

Caleb immediately slowed down and pulled over. “Sir, what’s wrong?” 

Jungkook pushed open the door, got out of the car quickly, and strode towards Lisa. 

Unable to see clearly, Lisa felt someone approaching and immediately stood up and backed away, “Don’t come near me!” 

Seeing her so alert, Jungkook thought she didn’t want him close and stopped in his tracks. 

The tall figure stood still, silently watching her without speaking. His cold eyes were tinged with a touch of red, even the corners of his eyes were reddened 

It was only at this moment that he realized the end of relationship meant not even being able to take a step closer to her. 

Lisa didn’t know who the person in front of her was, only that he stopped when she yelled. But she couldn’t see now, and if he noticed that, he might come closer again. 

Her anger was gradually replaced by fear. She quickly turned around and, regardless of whether she could see or not, ran forward with her head down. 

Her resistance, alertness, and disregard made Jungkook’s heart ache unbearably. 

He was wrong. He said he wouldn’t bother her anymore, but he still couldn’t help but want to get closer. His eyes reddened as he watched her figure get farther and farther away, and he said to Caleb, “Follow her, but don’t let her notice. 

Caleb nodded immediately and quickly followed. 

Jungkook suppressed his inner pain, turned around, and returned to the car. 

As soon as he got in, he saw Ethan’s car driving by. He knew that their quarrel had caused Lisa to run away from home. 

Now Garett could get close to her, so could Ethan, but only he couldn’t. 

He smiled bitterly, a smile that made him look like he was being swallowed by darkness. 

Before long, Caleb returned to the car, “Sir, someone came to pick her up.” 

Jungkook nodded lightly, suppressing his emotions, and said to Caleb, “Let’s go.” 
Caleb started the car, and the other vehicles followed suit, with a dozen luxury cars leaving together. 

Ethan looked back and saw that the man who had just gotten into the Aston Martin was actually following Lisa. He had so many people with him, obviously dealing with urgent matters, but when he saw Lisa, he deliberately stopped to follow her. And it didn’t seem like a whim, but more like he wanted to protect her quietly. Could it be that the man also liked Lisa? 

Ethan retracted his gaze, looking at Lisa stumbling forward. He frowned, and went to grab her. 

“Come home with me.” Ethan said. 

At the sound of that deep voice, Lisa’s heart tightened, and the suffocating feeling of being trapped in the car earlier came back. 

She pushed Ethan’s hand away, turned around to run. but due to not seeing the direction clearly, accidentally stepped into the bushes by the roadside. Seeing her fall, Ethan’s expression stiffened a bit. He walked over without speaking, stood above her, and looked down. 

“Did you lose your eyesight again?” Ethan asked. 

Lisa sat on the ground, silent. Her face looked pale, full of fear and wariness. 

Ethan squatted down, turned on his phone’s flashlight. He shone it into her eyes, and seeing no reaction, he understood. 

“George said you still have some after–effects in your eyes and need to take care of them. You can’t cry or overwork yourself, but you don’t listen.” After saying that, he reached out his long hand towards Lisa and calmly said, “Let’s go. I’ll take you home.”