Upon hearing this, Chase raised an eyebrow slightly, “Hailey, it’s not up to me alone to decide whether to give you a hard time or not.” 

In other words, the person who wanted to give her a hard time was Cedric. 

So Hailey didn’t haggle anymore, she just picked up the bottle and drank it all at once. 

Chase was stunned. He had hinted so clearly, couldn’t this woman understand?

At this moment, if she just sweet talked Cedric a little, the problem could be easily solved, but she chose to drink instead? 

What a fool, Chase sneered and glanced at Cedric in the dark corner again…. 

Chapter 297 

He was lounging about in his white suit, nursing a drink. 

Seemingly aloof, his eyes were fixated on the woman who was guzzling down bottles of alcohol. 

She was dressed in a black deep–V gown that accentuated her figure. Under the lights, she looked both seductive and innocent. 

Her face, with its bold and delicate features, was flushed from the alcohol, making her already smooth skin look even more radiant. Her aura outshone even the top hostess in the room. Many rich boys couldn’t help but take interest in this powerful presence named Hailey 

Cedric noticed the men ogling at the cleavage exposed by her deep–V neckline. With a darkened expression, he hurled his drink across the room. 

The shattering sound of the glass disrupted Hailey as she was reaching for her third bottle of booze. 

She looked up at Cedric, flushed and giving him a professionally polite smile. “Cedric, is something bothering you?” 

Seeing her flirtatious smile, Cedric felt a wave of discomfort and coldly said, “Get out!” 

Hailey was taken aback. She was brought here with a hefty sum to just drink two bottles of alcohol? 

But since he had spoken, she knew there was no need to stay. She put down the bottle, smiled at them, and said, “I won’t bother you guys then. Drinks are on the house tonight. Have fun!” 

After saying this, she walked out. 

The manager waiting outside couldn’t help but give her a thumbs up, “Boss, you are incredible to handle them so quickly.” 

Hailey’s smile gradually faded. As she walked away, she couldn’t help but look back. 

Cedric was already cuddling another woman, playing games as if nothing had happened. 

She frowned slightly, pulled her gaze back, and headed towards the office. 

In the VIP room, Cedric, cuddling the top female server, drinking red wine. He was playing games with a bunch of rich kids, but was not happy at all. 
Chase noticed his distraction and mocked, “Cedric, don’t forget about brotherhood over a woman.” 

Cedric snorted, “Chase, you think everyone is like you, ready to risk their lives for a woman.” 

Chase didn’t mind, “At least I’m sincere. You should let your sister marry me.” 

Cedric looked disgusted, “My father would never let Sigrid marry you. And it seems like my sister doesn’t like you either.” 

Chase’s hand tightened on his glass, but he didn’t respond, his thoughts drifting away. 

After parking the car at the villa, Ethan turned to Lisa who was about to get out and said, “Don’t rush.” 

Lisa turned back, puzzled, and asked him, “What’s wrong?” 

Ethan unbuckled his seatbelt, got out of the car, leaned on the roof with one hand. He bent over and gave her a dim smile. 

He said, “You always come home late, so to teach you a lesson, I need to punish you.” 

After saying this, he closed the car door and quickly locked it, trapping Lisa inside. 

Lisa was wide–eyed, unable to comprehend what was happening. She yelled at Ethan, “Are you nuts? Open the door!” 

She pounded desperately on the car window, begging him to unlock the door. But Ethan ignored her and walked straight into the villa. 

Watching his stubborn retreating figure disappear from her sight, Lisa suddenly felt a wave of despair. 

The enclosed environment of the car was like the darkness she saw before death, making it hard for her to breathe.