"Well, your first name. I thought I had killed you, but I wanted to keep a part of you alive so I took the name Ray for my first name." Tenia rushed on to say.

"Oh, ok." Rei hid his feelings.

It was something he learned early on. His mother never liked it when he was 'too emotional' for her to deal with. It was easier for Rei to school his facial expressions into a neutral alignment.

"What do I call you then?" Rei demanded.

"Professor." Tenia smirked. "Professor Yakamora." He went on.

"You, you can read?" Rei gasped.

Tenia burst out laughing. He clapped a hand onto Rei's shoulder. "See, you did teach me a few things!" He laughed heartily.

It might have been his deep booming laugh bouncing off of the brick buildings around them, or it may have been seeing Rei standing like a frozen statue that drew the attention of the teen. Shougo walked toward them. He called out Rei's name. Both men turned to look at the sandy haired singer.

"Oh, um, that's uh..." Rei stuttered.

"Never could get the word boyfriend past those lips of yours." Tenia whispered with a smirk.

Shougo strolled over to them. He had his backpack slung across his shoulder with both hands filled with steaming cups. He looked uncertain as he eyed the two men still standing just a little too close to each other. It was as Rei glanced back to his once lover that he saw the grey creeping into the temples of the man's hair. Tenia had been at least ten years older than he was...

"Shougo, you won't guess what I found." Rei smiled at the bewildered grimace on the teens face.

"This is Ray, or um I assume I have to call him professor now!" Rei rolled his eyes as Tenia and Shougo chuckled nervously.

"How do you know the Japanese language teacher?" Shougo asked.

"Oh, is that what you teach?" Rei arched his eyebrow.

"I would think it would be more of history or something." Rei added.

"Well, it was easier to get the language degree." Yakamora chided.

"I see. Still the same old sloth." Rei stepped around the man.

He had a strange feeling having Tenia too close to Shougo. Once Rei reached the younger male's side they both turned to regard the teacher. Tenia eyed them together.

"You look good Rei. I'm glad you survived that life." Ray nodded.

"Same goes for you. Keep your little ones safe, Te... Ray." He caught himself just in time.

"I will. Maybe one day you could meet them." He offered. They both knew it was an empty sentiment.

"Sure." Rei agreed anyway.

"One day, you have to tell me how you..." Tenia gestured to the fact that Rei was standing before him still alive.

"One day." Rei took his coffee from Shougo. He waved to his old lover.

Turning his back on the man sent chills up his spine. He knew from experience not to do it. The fact that no blows came had him tensing even more. As he reached the end of the walk way, right before turning toward the bus stop out of view of that building, he couldn't take it any longer. Rei turned to glance back to where he left Ray. The man wasn't there any longer.

A fear set into his gut as he quickly scanned the area. Rei saw the broad-shouldered back making his way carefully through the throngs of students. Ray waved as different people called out to him. He never looked back to see Rei and Shougo. Maybe people can change. Rei thought as Shougo caught his arm.

"How was your first day?" Rei asked as they found seats together.

"Fine." Shougo sipped his drink as he eyed Rei.

"You going to tell me who that was?" Shougo pressed.

"Nope." Rei eyed the cup in the long fingers of the singer next to him.

"What do you like with you're dessert drink?" he changed the topic. Shougo huffed.

"It's not dessert!" He argued.

"It has more sweets in it than a candy store." Rei declared.

"Just because you like your coffee to be black and bitter...." Shougo began.

"Just like my soul!" Rei peeked at him as he managed to hold back his grin.

What he saw nearly traumatized him. Shougo sat there with his mouth open slightly. His large two toned eyes wide in his head. A tear was leaking out from one. Rei knew this wasn't him faking it. What he had said had truly touched the sensitive soul within the teen. He reached out to brush away the tear.

"Hey, I was just kidding." Rei muttered.

"You, you never talk about before..." Shougo whispered.

"Because I don't want to bring that darkness to your eyes." Rei leaned his forehead against the teens.

"You're my light Shougo." He whispered.

"I'll led you to safety every time." Shougo clutched at Rei's sweater near his waist.

"I'm counting on that." Rei smiled.

"How was your day?" Shougo inquired as they separated.

Rei smirked looking over at him. "Well, my business professor is tall, lots of shoulders and this deep voice that could..." a hand slapped over his mouth as Shougo leaned closer to him.

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" he asked.

Rei reached down to squeeze Shougo's leg. He could feel the slight rise in the jeans the other wore. He chuckled.

"Is it working?" he purred.

"You'll find out when we get home." Shougo insisted.