Future

"Boys, come in here." Seiya called one evening.

Rei had just taken Izumi his warm milk, tucking him into bed. He had been on his way to his own room. Shougo had been home for a few weeks now. They still hadn't gotten time alone, but had gone out a lot with Izumi. Shougo caught Rei's eye as he came from the kitchen. They both looked slightly apprehensive about being called into the head Senya's office.

"Yeah dad?" Shougo called as he led the way inside the room.

Seiya sat behind his desk. On it were several pamphlets. "I've been thinking." He stretched his arms up over his head. Resting his palms against the back of his hair, he grinned at the two males across from him. Neither had sat down.

"You have gotten rather close." Seiya pointed out.

"Um, yeah." Shougo was playing it cool.

"Well, I was thinking. With Rei's abilities to learn the theater, he will be a great manager one day for Senya entertainment. But, to get him there he will need a degree."

Shougo looked over to Rei. The dark haired man stood still, eyes down cast. Rei wasn't sure what was happening. He stood waiting to hear bad news. It was his gut reaction to anything in his life. What he was hearing was... a future? He couldn't look at the elder Senya, not yet, not while he still hadn't explained himself.

Seiya chuckled as he watched Rei's reaction. "I'm talking about a full college degree." Seiya continued.

"I, uh, could take night classes." Rei found his voice was choking up. It had been hard to get those few words out.

He heard the scrape of Seiya's chair as the man pushed it back. He stood up, selecting a pamphlet from his desk. Rei's eyes lifted to follow the man as he moved around his desk. Every instinct within him was screaming for him to run. He tried to quell his innate drive to protect himself.

One reason for that was, he had no place to run. Shougo was between Rei and the door. The way Seiya had moved was blocking Rei's path to the windows. He was trapped. He stood gaping at the man, who watched him, with a friendly smile on his face. Seiya held out the pamphlet to Rei. With numb fingers the man took it. Seiya sat on the edge of his desk. Rei felt air seep back into his lungs. He looked down at the pamphlet he had been handed.

It was a prestigious school in the heart of London. There was no way Rei could afford this! How was he to work here, while attending school in London. His mind was fuzzy. He heard soft buzzing sounds as his anxiety rose. What was he going to do?

"Rei, Rei come on clam down! Just listen." The words were like a badly tuned radio coming in and out of focus.

Before he could get his head around anything, Shougo forced his head up. The teen slammed his lips hard against Rei's open mouth. It was a horrible, sloppy kiss. Nothing lined up. He felt none of the usual zing in his veins as the teen kissed him. After about three seconds. Rei shoved him back.

"What are you doing?" he cried.

"Trying to get you out of robot mode!" Shougo giggled.

"You weren't listening to dad!" He cried out. He looked way to happy to be separated from Rei once again.

"What?" Rei muttered.

"I was saying, now that Shougo is out of high-school, I think the two of you should go to college together." Seiya grinned.

The door opened and Nagisa walked in. "Did you get to the good part, darling?" she cooed as she draped herself over Seiya's shoulder.

"Oh, there was a good part." Seiya glanced at the two before him.