Chapter 14

Roseanne's POV

As the soft light filters through the curtains, I nestle into the plush cushions of the boss's secret room's large couch. My heart flutters with anticipation, knowing that she will soon join me here. With one hand resting gently on my growing belly, I imagine the life growing inside me, a testament to what happened that night. The room is filled with the scent of lavender, my favorite, and the walls adorned with photos of mine. I close my eyes and picture her face, knowing that in just a few moments, she'll walk through that giant door, and we'll share this weird space. Probably her sanctuary within a bustling world.

Feeling a bit weird seeing different paintings, and even pictures of mine around this place, some where—I'm sure—stolen, and some came from my social media accounts.

I'm nervous, but heck I shouldn't. she's just my boss. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hearing the door knob twist, my heart starts pounding even more, like it can jump off of my body any time.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Jennie. She immediately grabbed me, gently, pulling me inside. She locked the door and cornered me with both of her unbelievably strong arms. Our faces inches away from each other, I can feel her breathing.

"Ms. K-kim, move away fro–" I was stopped when she went even closer, if possible.

"What do you mean by your fucking letter?"
She asked, causing my knees to tremble even more

"I'll resign, Ms. Kim" feeling proud of myself to utter those words without stuttering.

"Bullshit" she whispered

"I know you're carrying my child, Roseanne"

"How.. How? I mean.." It's impossible for her to know, no one knows my pregnancy. No one knows about the fact that I am carrying a Kim, literally no one. Not my friends, not even my family, I'm not planning to tell them not until I'm face to face with them in Australia.

"Hyuna Kim, your OB. She's my sister. She told me that my little secretary has been having weekly check up's with her" she said while putting strands of my hair behind my ear. "And do you think I won't notice how you've got tons of cravings that you can't even think about eating." She continuously said while looking straight into my eyes.

"I just confirmed that you were the woman I had an unprotected one night stand with when I hugged and smelled you, right in my office. Your scent is too hard to forget, sweetheart."

Tears started falling, feeling that warmth of her thumbs wiping my tears away. She smiled and said "I got you sweetheart. Don't you dare try to run away from me."

---

End