Chapter 31

Breath~

Evelyn stood there watching over Yeonjun and Huening Kai as they fought.

"Don't be too happy about them coming for you, they won't be leaving here."

Andromalius whispered in my mind as he attacked Yeonjun and Huening Kai.

Evelyn didn't know if what was happening was real or not. Was it all just another mind game? She wasn't sure, but she hoped it was fake. She wouldn't want them to be here risking their lives like this.

If this was real... she felt the weight pressing down on her at that thought. She would rather fade into nothing than watch any of them die for her.

Her thoughts started changing up as she continued watching them. They were actually gaining the upper hand.

Huening Kai managed to sneak up on Andromalius and stab him through the back, and then pinning him to the ground. 

Just as he said he was going into the demon's soul, Evelyn was pulled in as well.

She was finally able to move as she was face to face with Andromalius.

"They won't win this easily." He said right before he tackled her.

Evelyn screamed and clawed at his arms as he squeezed her throat. She was sure this would finally be the end, and a small part of her wanted to just let go and let it take her away from all the hell she had been through.

"Stop!"

Evelyn was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Huening Kai yell.

She actually felt panic rise in her chest as she worried about what Andromalius could be doing to him.

Her eyes met Andromalius' as he smirked. "All your fighting is pointless anymore."

He gripped her neck harder, causing the edges of her vision to start to fade to black. The longer he held onto her neck, the less she could see.

Her head was pounding in sync with her heart as a loud ringing started in her ears.

"See you on the other side."

Was the last thing Evelyn heard before it all went black.

~

Everyone that was in Evelyn's room held their breath as they watched Evelyn's soul grow brighter.

"Should we call Dumah?" Soobin broke the silence after a few minutes.

"Yeah, let's do that." Taehyun and Soobin left the room, hoping that this was a good sign.

Yeonjun stepped closer and wondered if he should reach out and touch her soul, but he fought the urge. Worried it may cause damage.

His eyes danced over the little red dots that lingered in her soul, watching as they moved around inside the main part of her soul until they all rested in the middle. Some parts merging together, then stopping. Leaving only two separate red pieces.

Yeonjun tilted his head to the side wondering why they had stopped merging together. He then stumbled back as Evelyn's soul suddenly dropped down into her body.

"Taehyun!" He yelled as his hands hovered over her body, not knowing what to do.

Taehyun felt a sharp pain burst in his gut right before he heard Yeonjun yell his name, panic evident in his voice.

Taehyun gripped the shirt over his chest as he stood, pushing the pain down and dropping his hand right before he rushed into Evelyn's room.

"What happened? Where did her soul go!" Taehyun felt panic bubble in his stomach as his eyes searched the room.

"They went into her body," Yeonjun replied as he looked between Taehyun and Evelyn.

Taehyun pulled his brows down as he wondered how it happened and if that was linked to the pain he felt. "Let me try and look."

He stepped closer and placed his hands on her stomach, only to jerk away as she sat straight up gasping for air.

Her wide eyes met his, making something in his gut tug. Then her eyes rolled into the back of her head and her body went limp.

Taehyun caught her head in time for it to not lean to the right, causing her to fall off her bed.

"What's going on?" Soobin asked after he kept hearing a lot of noise coming from the room.

"I'm not entirely sure...." Taehyun replied as he laid Evelyn back down properly. He placed his forefinger and middle finger on her neck. "She's got a pulse..." He trailed off as he turned to face Soobin and Yeonjun.

Both their mouths dropped open. Yeonjun then rushed over and placed his ear close to her nose. "She's breathing." He stood up, a bright smile on his face.

"Does this mean...?" Soobin trailed off.

"We found all the pieces of her soul!" Yeonjun yelled, pulling Taehyun into a hug.

Taehyun let out a small laugh at how happy his friend was. No one had ever seen Yeonjun so happy before.

Soobin felt his heart warm as he watched Taehyun and Yeonjun hug.

"Finally." He sighed as he crossed his arms, a big smile on his face as well.

"What's all the yelling about?" Beomgyu asked as he returned to the room after being gone for a while doing whatever he was doing after assisting Huening Kai to the bathroom.

"Evelyn! Her soul went into her body, her heart is beating and she's breathing!" Yeonjun said as he pulled away from Taehyun.

"No way?" Beomgyu's eyes widened as he walked over to Evelyn's bed, placing his finger under her nose. His head snapped up, meeting Yeonjun's eyes as he felt her breath fan out over his finger. "No way!" He then yelled as he hugged Yeonjun.

Taehyun felt a bit of weight leave his shoulders, just not all of it...