Chapter 8: Acceptance

We walked hand and hand to a garden right on Cambridge campus.  A few people gave us weird looks.  It was a gazebo, but covered with flowers.  Roses twisted around the top, and lilies traced the bottom.  

"Astounding!" I was thouroughly amazed.  NO wonder this was my favorite place.  It was beyond beauty.

"Are you ready to remember?"  Simon hesitantly asked.

                  "Is it bad?"

"Yes and no.  Just alot has happened, that's all."

          I took a deep breath still wondering why I was going to jump off a bridge then said, "Yes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's account on what happened after:

                 She was totally attracted to me.  I knew it from the moment she told me to clean up then leave.  Summer was cute, maybe most American girls were.  

           Well, I was looking all like rubbish so I took Summer up on her offer. Having no idea what to wear, I slipped off my clothes and hopped into her shower. Using herbal essences was ungratifing but luxurious. I smelled like flower, but I was clean and refreshed. I hopped out of the shower, steam in the atmosphere. I was just about to slip off my towel when Summer walked right in on me.

"God!" she screamed, "I didn't know that you were gonna talk me up on that offer?!"

"Wouldn't you know it since it's all steamy in here?" I referenced to more than the actually steam and smirked.

Summer rolled her eyes and flipped her hair; this was a habit of hers. She glared and said, "I'll be in the kitchen. Don't try anything funny." What was I? Twelve? This chick already knew me.

"Just don't try to look at me!" I grinned, playfully.

"Don't worry, my mom taught me: See no evil." She slammed the door, leaving me all half-naked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Present>

"Wow, seriously? 'See no evil'?" I said. I'd never said such a stupid remark in my life!

Simon seemed so casual, too casual. So calm about this whole thing; I was hurt. Letting it go, I let Simon continue.

"So, basically we....." he got cut off by my stomach growling.

"Hungry?" he asked. I nodded like an innocent child. So we strolled away from my favorite place in the world to something edible.