Chapter 4: The Beginning

"What the fuck?!?!?!?!" I screamed, loudly.  Hopefully nobody heard that, but that was slightly.  Well, I guess today was all full of suprises.  The man was hold on to the open door as he threw up on me.  Then he leaned against the wall.

 "I feel terrible..." he mumbled.  His eyes seemed to roll back into his head and he slumped on the ground.

"Well, duh," I remarked, but he was already passed out.  I noticed his thick-blonde-curly hair and smiled thinking to myself, I'm just too nice.   He groaned and I replied, "Well, I guess your coming with me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting back to my apartment with a drunken man was probably the hardest thing that I've ever done!  He wasn't fat, actually he was very lean and built, but that didn't make him any heavier.   

"My, God, man!" I said, frustated.  I let go of him, and he fell on the hard pavement.

"Ow...." he groaned, "Don't kill me, I'm too rich and pretty."

        Rolling my eyes, I flipped open my cell and called Erik.

"What?" Erik answered, obviously just waking up.

"Hey, It's Summer.  Can you help me?"

"First day meeting you and you already need my help? Damn, is it always gonna be like this?"

"I don't think so, just come to this address......"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Erik arrived, seeing me sitting down and leaning against a brick wall of some building.  Then he looked at the body lying on the ground next to me.  Raising his eyebrows, he said, "Do I want to know, Summer?"

"He obviously needed help.  So can you help me take him to my apartment?"

The man moaned again, "I'm too pretty......"

Erik laughed, "Obviously, the poor lad his halucinating!  Ok let's go."

  I lifted the man's arms, and Erik lifted his feet.  We carried him a short distance to Erik's car then threw him in.  Erik's car was really small and red, like most cars around here.  

"Want me to drive?" I offered.  Erik didn't know where I lived, but he would soon.  I observed that he didn't have his shoes on and was still wearing his pj's.  It was quite hilarious.

He sighed, "Sure, Miss American Pie."

   Gladly, I hopped in the left side of the car and held my hands out.  No wheel?  I felt dumb.  DUH!  I was in England.  Erik hopped in the driver's seat that was next to me and said, "That's what I thought.  Now, give me directions."

I ended up just plugging my address into his GPS.  Then we were off.  It was about 2 am and everything was silent.  The situation felt awkward.

"Why did you come?" I wondered.

"Because you asked," he replied simply.

"No, it doesn't work that way.  You didn't know the circumstances.  Erik, you just met me!  Why?"

He turned to look at me, "Summer, I trust you.  You are not a complete stranger anymore.  Frankly, my dear, I didn't give a damn of what you needed.  I will always be there," he paused, "That's what friends are for."

I faced the road, "Yah, I guess. Thanks, Erik."  Then it was silent again.