Chapter 1

It was a normal day.  Most days were rainy and cold, but I got used to it.  England was a different country, but it started to feel like home.  I, Summer Freeman, was a very blessed girl.  I always lived in the dull state of Michigan, but something was special about me.  Intellect.  Most people would say that I was the smartest person they knew besides the most beautiful. 

                                     After graduating a couple years ago, I attended a community college nearby.  With confusion all around me, I couldn't decide what to do with my life.  Until one day, I just figured it out.  Don't ask me how I knew, I just knew.  Have you ever just had that feeling where something is pulling you to go somewhere?  That was the feeling.  So I am attending University Of Cambridge; tomorrow is my first day.   I have had a couple weeks to adjust to England.  I have an apartment nearby campus and everything.  My mother always said that I was a loner, so living alone now was pleasant.  I felt content and adjusted to my new environment, ready to face my first day at school.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                   I woke up to my annoying, loud alarm clock.  The sun shone on my face, and I squinted at the sight of it.  I felt like a groggy mess as I rose out of my messy bed.  The base sheets were twisted around me and it was hard to get up, but I did.

                 "Another day, another day. You can get through this," I encouraged my lazy butt as I dragged it to my bathroom. 

                           After I got out of the shower, I threw on a perfectly casual outfit (well, in my opinion).  It contained back skinny jeans, black flats, and a fitting, long-sleeved top.  That was my usual outfit fo a usual day, but I had to keep on reminding myself that it wasn't normal at all! 

               I  put on some eyeliner and lipgloss, then grabbed my scarf, coat, and messenger bag.  I was off to the campus where I would do my studies.

           Sad to say, I didn't have a car.  It wa either because I didn't have enough money or that I wasn't used to driving on the left side of the road.  A bike was a good transportation device, right?

     My strawberry, blonde, straight hair flew behind me.  I tried not to give myself such a work out becsue I didn't want to arrive all sweaty. 

                   Thank God that I didn't live to far from campus, this place was huge!  I came here for a psychology course, but where was that?

         My first impression of it was written all over my face.  It looked like a freakn' castle!  All of these old buildings were so marvelous and extraordinary!  I was amazed while others saw it everyday.  I felt like such an American.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Ok, so this chapter was really slow, but the pace will pick up!  Introductions have to come first!