Chapter 5: First Impressions

After a few minor detours, since Erik's GPS sucks, we arrive at my apartment complex.  It was a medium sized building with ivy growing on the side.  In the daylight, it looked homey and content, but in the dark, it just looked plain creepy.  I was suprised that it didn't rain that day, but it wasn't that day anymore.  It was morning, and lightening struck.  Rain started to pour then got heavier as Erik and me got out of the car.  Not having my rain coat was really stupid.  You'd think a girl that lived in Michigan all of her life, the most bipolar state there is, would be wiser.  We grabbed the man out of the car and carried him to the door.  The rain splattered all over his face which sort of woken him up.  His body started to squirm so Erik put him down.  I searched for my keys to unlock the door with while Erik watched the guy.

"Why am I here? Please, I didn't do anything!" he pleaded.

"God, shut up, pretty boy!" Erik was frustrated.  He reminded me of a cat, a wet and irritated cat.  

      I finally got the door unlocked then Erik started to grab the guy again.

"Get your ghastly hands off me!" he screached, "I can walk myself.  I will have you know that my father will hear about this.  You will be arrested!  As for her...."  He looked my way and winked.

           I was about to tell him off when Erik punched him right in the face.  The drunk shutup once more.

"You sure you want him in your house?" he asked.

"He needs help," I insisted.

   We carried him over to the elevator, thank God we had one, and shoved him in.  A lady that was cleaning the lobby stared at us.  

"Um, it's nothing!  Our friend had to much to drink," I tried to laugh, but she still stared.

              "Don't kill me," the man muttered.  Erik slapped him, and I laughed again, "Haha, long story..." Then I hopped into the elevator.  Erik was going to hop in too, but I stopped him.

"I can take it from here, Erik, thanks."

"Summer, you don't know this guy!  Someone needs to be there to protect you."

I contradicted, "I don't think he will after how many times you hit him tonight."

            Erik smirked and said, "Fine.  Good night and good luck to you all.  I should get back to my dorm on campus."

"Oh, Erik!  You live on campus?  You'll get into trouble.  I'm sorry, stay here."

"It's fine.  Maybe you will invite sometime."

"Ok, goodnight."

Erik nodded his head and walked out all wet and somewhat sorrow.  My bad.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               We finally got to my place and I layed this man on the couch with a blanket, coffee, and a bucket.  "Thanks for throwing up on me," I said sarcasticly.  Then I washed up and went to bed, exhausted.