Double Date

Doc heard the front door slam downstairs. He listened as his roommates made small talk with the visitor, words mumbled by distance and drowned out by the ticking of the clock on his wall. He didn't need to hear the voice to know exactly who was at their door.

Footsteps made their way up the stairs and stopped in front of Doc's door. The visitor knocked before pushing the door open slowly. Doc sighed, not bothering to look up from his computer.

"Grian." Grian rolled his eyes, replying sarcastically.

"Good to see you too Doc! My day's been wonderful, thanks for asking." Doc swiveled his chair away from his desk, finally facing his visitor.

"Get on with it already, I don't have all day. It's already 6:00." Grian grinned mischievously.

"If I say you have all day, you have all day. You owe me~" Doc sighed again. He was tired and didn't really have time for Grian's shenanigans. But Grian was right, Doc owed him. I hope Etho getting a boyfriend is worth whatever the heck Grian's gonna make me do.

"Hold on." Grian ran out of the room and returned a few moments later with a large bag in his hand. He eagerly held it out to Doc. Doc took the bag skeptically. He opened it and discovered an outfit. Nice black pants, A crisp white button-up shirt, and some silver jewelry. Doc eyed Grian, confused. Grian seemed more and more excited as Doc sifted through the contents of the bag.

"Gri, what is this?"

"That, my friend, is the outfit you're gonna wear when you go on your date tonight." Doc's eyes widened in shock.

"Wha- I'm not going on a date!"

"You owe me! Besides, I'll be there too! With a date of my own of course." Doc looked like he had seen a ghost. He hadn't dated anyone since 7th grade, and for good reason. The last time he dated, the girl had tried to steal his wallet and then dumped her food on Doc's head when he wouldn't give it to her. He was thoroughly embarrassed and hadn't dated ever since. 7th grade was brutal.

"I don't know Grian... I don't exactly go on dates... especially with people I don't know...'

"It'll be fun! Besides, you know him." Doc tried to work through Grian's words. It was a guy who he knew and... oh. Oh no. No. NO.

"Grian I swear to void if you're trying to set me up with Ren-"

"Oh come on! It won't be that bad! Besides, after tonight you won't have to worry about me using that IOU on something else! Like making you shave my cats' butts." Doc ran his fingers through his hair. It was either go on a date with Ren, or shave cat butts. Both would probably end with equally embarrassing stories, but one had food. Doc stood from his chair and held his hand out to Grian.

"Fine. But you're paying and if things go horribly wrong, I can leave."

"Deal." Grian shook Doc's hand enthusiastically. "Now go change, we're leaving in an hour."

Doc fiddled with his hair in the mirror. He hated that he had agreed to this. Most people would kill for a date with a guy as cool and attractive as Ren! But as Doc readjusted the outfit Grian had made him wear for the third time, he couldn't help but worry that he'd bore Ren to death. Doc was nowhere near as funny and witty as Ren.

What am I doing?  Doc sighed and decided that his hair was good enough. He fished the jewelry out of the bag and put it on. Silver chain for his neck, a few rings, and a pair of silver stud earrings. Doc hadn't worn earrings for a long time. Looking in the mirror, he smiled. He had to admit, he looked pretty alright. Grian may be trouble, but at least he can pick a good outfit.