Chapter 1: The Spiritual Alignment

On a fateful night whilst in the mystical forest, under the luminescent glow of the full moon, Ẹdaàlà chose a quiet spot beneath the towering Ìrókò tree, the same tree where he had received his initial vision

On a fateful night whilst in the mystical forest, under the luminescent glow of the full moon, Ẹdaàlà chose a quiet spot beneath the towering Ìrókò tree, the same tree where he had received his initial vision. With a heart full of reverence, he lit a sacred fire and began a midnight meditation, seeking a trance that would transport him to the spiritual abodes of his ancestors and spirits. Hours passed as Ẹdaàlà delved deeper into his meditation. He chanted ancient incantations and allowed his consciousness to drift away from the physical realm. The flames of the sacred fire danced and flickered like gatekeepers to another world.

In the trance, Ẹdaàlà found himself in a lush grove surrounded by towering trees. The air was thick with the scent of blooming flowers, and the sound of gentle breezes filled his ears. Before him, the atmosphere seemed to shimmer, and figures gradually materialized, their features becoming clearer with each passing moment. They were his ancestors, their faces etched with lines of wisdom and eyes filled with love. Some were elders he had heard of in village tales, while others were unknown to him, but their presence was undeniable. They wore garments made from leaves and fibres, adorned with symbols of their lineage. Each had a unique presence, but they all radiated a profound sense of belonging and connection.

The ancestors began to speak, their voices harmonizing with the rustling leaves and the soft babbling of a nearby stream. They told stories of their lives, of triumphs and tribulations, of lessons learned through generations. They spoke of the importance of family, community, and the sacred bond that connected the living to the ancestors. As they spoke, they didn't use words alone. Their lessons were woven into the very fabric of the grove. Ẹdaàlà could feel the stories in the rustling leaves and the songs of the birds. The ancestors encouraged him to touch the bark of the ancient trees, to feel the roughness of life's challenges, and the smoothness of love and support. In the midst of the teachings, there were moments of silence, testing Ẹdaàlà's patience. It was as if the ancestors wanted to see if he could absorb their wisdom without the need for constant words. At times, they posed questions without immediate answers, urging him to contemplate and seek understanding within himself.

With humility and curiosity, Ẹdaàlà asked questions that flowed from his heart. He inquired about the ancestors' own spiritual journeys, their encounters with the mystical realm, and the challenges they faced in their lifetimes. He sought guidance on how to honour their legacy and connect more deeply with the spiritual world. As he asked these questions, the ancestors admired his courage to seek knowledge and his unquenchable curiosity. They recognized that he possessed the qualities of a true shaman-respect for tradition, a thirst for wisdom, and a compassionate heart. Through this profound encounter, Ẹdaàlà not only learned about the stories of his lineage but also discovered the importance of patience, humility, and the power of silence in seeking deeper understanding. The ancestors bestowed their wisdom upon him, knowing that he would carry their teachings into the future, preserving the connection between the living and the ancestral realm. He watched his ancestors smile as they began to fade. He asked why they had to leave, and they told him to go deeper as they will meet once more.