I could say the same.

That's great to hear...
So I was wondering if you were up for that coffee today?

I threw the phone to the other couch as soon as I press sent on that.

It didn't took long for me to hear my phone's ringing indicated I got a text. I ran to it and quickly got a hold of my phone again.

Jessie Miller

You are on luck because I happen to be free today.

Lucky me, right?

Lucky you.

So how about that new coffee shop in downtown the Caffe Ground?

Sounds good, I'll meet you there at 3pm

Cool... I'll see you then.

You will.

I put the phone down and ran to the bathroom to shower, I have two hours to get ready... which doesn't seem like anything near enough time. I quickly texted an update to Jason and went to prepare myself for our... hangout.

I debated for a long time in whether I should have or not brought Jessie flowers... but that might have been a little too much for our first meeting after three years.

Next time.

Entering the coffee shop I began to look around for her in any of the tables, but I failed to spot her anywhere.

It seems like I got here first.

I sat in one of the few available tables and waited for Jessie to get here to order anything. I kept checking myself to see if I looked good.

What is wrong with me? I've never been nervous on a date... let alone in something that is clearly not a date. I know it's Jessie and she's different to me from everyone else but it's ridiculous for me at this point.

Get yourself together.

I can't be acting like a love sick puppy. Yes I've missed her like crazy in these three years and despite telling myself I was over her every time I got into a new relationship I wasn't completely being truth to myself.

Jessie did a fucking number on me.

The sound of a chair moving broke me out from my train of thoughts—I had been so lost in my head that I had failed to notice Jessie had arrived until she sat across me.

"Shit! Sorry I was thinking. Jessie hi... how are you?" I said quickly—making her chuckle and smile at me.

Jessie had her curly hair up in a messy bun, wearing a grey coat on top of a white turtle neck that was adorned by a thin golden necklace. She looked even more beautiful than the last time I had seen her... and I didn't think that was even possible to achieve.

She was glowing, she looked happy—I couldn't say the same about the last time I saw her, sadly.

"I'm good and you? Have you been waiting here long?"