Chapter Twenty Seven

Kaden's POV

"Kaden!" Jessie swatted my arm when I bit into her neck playfully.

"What?" I chuckled at the glare she was giving me, knowing well she had explicitly told me to not leave hickies... but I didn't really care.

"You know what."

"You weren't complaining just moments ago." I countered.

"That's different."

"Because I was fucking you instead of kissing you?"

Jessie hummed and looked at me with a glint of mischief, "Speaking of, you mentioned something laying around somewhere in your room the other day."

I chuckled knowing exactly what she was referring to, "I did tell you if you were good and behaved."

"Whatever."

"Don't be a brat love."

"Says you?" She said making me roll my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me."

"Want me to make yours roll?" I offered with a grin.

"You have the humor of a teenager."

"And it clearly works on you miss perfection. Look at where you are and under who you are." I looked around her bedroom that I had repainted earlier before she arrived.

Jessie had in fact showed up today at the house after the incident with Divya at my apartment. It didn't take much convincing for her to believe me— to believe Divya would not go around saying anything, not because word could get to her husband... but because she doesn't want people to know she was having an affair, bit of an obvious reasoning.

She had said that she trusted me and that meant more to me than I thought it would.

"Have you always been a perv or you developed the trait the older you got?" Jessie raised a brow as I tapped my chin in thought.

"I'm not sure, after being friends with Morgan for as long as I have been some traits tend to rub, I would add Jason to the mix but he doesn't have the perverted mind of Morgan." I thought back to my two best friends with a smile.

Rolling off of Jessie I laid by her side—partly sinking in the fact that we just had sex in her's and her husband's bed... and I can't lie and say the wrongness of it all was hot and turned me on, as fucked up as it was.

"I always liked you guy's friendship, it looked so fun and genuine back in high school." Jessie turned to face me—her arm draping across my torso.

It still is.

"I can't say the same about you and Hayley, I couldn't stand you and I hated her." I said in all honesty.

"You couldn't stand me yet we barely interacted." She furrowed her brows.

"Well you were the girl Morgan was head over heels back then, she never shut up about how perfect and beautiful you were —noted I see why now— but I... I was in love with my best friend meanwhile she was enamored by you, so I was bound to dislike you."

"I'm sorry... for trying to get with your girlfriend back then... kissing and breaking you up." Jessie found herself in a clearly awkward position, once again apologizing for it, but I didn't need another apology from her. Everything had been forgiven the moment she had firstly apologized to me.

Now I'm as entranced by her as Morgan was once upon a time.

Maybe not as much.