~

After feeding Kai, he and I curled up in Lorenzo's bed together. I ran my fingers through Kai's fur and started twirling his tail around my finger while Enzo did his paperwork at his desk.

There was a knock at the door, and the door opened then Matteo's head peeked in. "Hey, Dad wants to know what you want for dinner, we're doing takeout." Matteo said.

"I just want pizza and wings." Lorenzo answered Matteo.

"Dad made me order fries, do you know why?" Matteo asked, making Kai let out a happy yip which catches Matteo's attention.

Matteo looked over at Kai and I, smiled. "Is that Kai?" He asked making me nod my head with a smile.

Matteo walked over to Kai and place his wrist out to let Kai smell it then Kai rubbed his head against his wrist. "Let me guess the French Fries are for you." Matteo said to Kai, who wagged his tail in excitement.

"You are definitely cute." Matteo said making me smile, and made Kai let out another yip.

Matteo petted Kai then stood up and walked out of Lorenzo's room. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and put my passcode in then laid on my stomach, clicked on Mario Cart.

I was in a middle of match and Kai stood up then limped over, laid down in front of me against my chest making me rest my head on him which earned me kisses.

"Thank you, little wolf." I whispered making him wag his tail then I place a couple kisses on his head making him let out happy yips.

I restarted the map and ended up winning first place. The next map started, and I began in third place, but I was able to finish in first as well.

I exited the game I was playing and opened up my phone's camera. I took a picture of Kai and myself and set it as my wallpaper.

The dinner bell rung making me crawl out of Lorenzo's bed and walked around over to Kai then scooped him up carefully, avoiding hurting his leg.

I held him close to my chest as Lorenzo and I walked out of his room then we walked down the stairs, straight to the dining room.

We entered the dining room, and all eyes instantly turned to Lorenzo and me. We sat down at the table, and I place Kai in my lap. Luca and Domenico both pet Kai's head, showing their love for him.

We all started eating, and Luca handed me the fries for Kai. I started feeding Kai fries as Dante said, "Oh boy, he's going to be spoiled."

I ate three pieces of pizza until I was full. Then Luca ate the rest of the pizza and slouched down in the chair, patting his stomach.

"Here we go," Matteo said and Luca glared at him.

Kai finished his French fries and curled up in my lap, so I started twirling his tail around my finger.

My attention was on Kai that I didn't notice Matteo and Giovanni throw food at each other. "Matteo Dante Romano" and "Giovanni Domenico Romano," both Dad and Alessandro warned them, using a firm tone.

"Now, you two are in charge of cleaning up," Alessandro said, making Matteo and Giovanni cross their arms and glare at each other.

I looked over at Luca who was slowly starting to fall asleep in his sit, making me tap his leg which caused him to wake up. "Go to bed, Fratello. You too, Sorella." Lorenzo said.

(Fratello- Brother & Sorella- Sister)

I gently picked Kai up and held him close to my chest as I stood up. Luca stood up as well, and the two of us walked away from the table and to our bedrooms.

I walked into my bedroom and set Kai down on my bed. I walked into my closet then picked out a sleepwear and changed into it.

I changed into my sleepwear, walked out of my closet, and lay down beside Kai in the bed, ready for a good night's rest

I turned on the TV and watched Criminal Minds, and when it was time for us to sleep, I turned out the light and wished Kai a good night.

He responded to my words with a happy yip and gave me kisses on my hand as a sign of appreciation which brought a smile to my face.

I closed my eyes, letting the darkness to cradle me in its comforting embrace.