The Evidence Room

Start from the beginning

~~~Loki's pov~~~

I've found out a few things since getting here yesterday, one of those things being, that you can use magic here.

I don't know how or why, but I tried to use my magic, and it worked.

My best guess is that this is really a past version of the TVA, and at this point in time, there were no magic blockers in place.

Finally, some good news!

But we still need to get back to the present TVA to fix things. Hopefully, Catherine and Linda found something that could help with that.

I rounded the corner to get to the evidence room and walked in. "Did you two find anything-" I cut myself off when I saw Catherine kneeling on the floor next to Linda, who was not conscious. "What happened?!" I ran up to them, my heart beating out of my chest.

Catherine turned to me in tears. "She found a Terrigen crystal, and it shattered. She turned, and when she broke out of the rock, she was unconscious. Which is definitely not normal-" She started to hyperventilate, her eyes wide with panic.

Even though I was also getting extremely panicked, I tried to keep calm. "Catherine, take a deep breath. I'm sure she's fine. Let's just get her somewhere safe, and we'll go from there." With that, I picked Linda up gently, pressing her against my chest, silently pleading for her to be okay.

After learning that Catherine was Inhuman, we realized that meant Linda was one as well. We hadn't planned on exposing her to Terrigen crystals until she was much older for her safety. Not many young Inhumans went through the transition and survived. There were only a few, Catherine being one of them.

And Linda being unconscious at the moment didn't help my nerves.

We found an empty TVA apartment yesterday while looking for a safe place to hide out until we could get back to the present. So that's where we were heading to figure out what was going on.

Hurrying into the room, I locked the door behind us, for safety reasons, and carefully placed Linda onto the bed positioned against the wall.

I turned back to Catherine, who was panicking, and decided we needed to come up with some kind of a plan or something because we couldn't just leave her like this.

"Alright, let's review what we know." I let out a breath. "Obviously, this isn't how we planned for this to happen, but there's no going back now."

Catherine finally seemed to snap out of her overly worried trance and nodded. "Right. Okay, so in 1983, when I met my mom, she told me that in our bloodline, the Inhuman women always get black magic and sometimes an additional power. Like how she had the black magic and also the ability to age extremely slowly. But there's an exception if the father's genes are dominant and override it. And seeing as you are a literal Norse god, I'd say your genes were the dominant ones here."

Makes sense. "Meaning she'll have not just one, but two completely random abilities?"

"Yes. And even though she's not conscious right now, there are a few known abilities we can rule out. Not invisibility or any other kind of physical power. It would've already been showing by now. However, that leaves the more dangerous abilities. Like Daisy's quake powers. Or Kora's ability to manipulate light and energy."

"We also need to keep in mind that when we saw her in the future, she wasn't demonstrating any kind of power. Not even when I saw her fight the Kree. She used her dagger and her magic, and that was it. So, whatever her ability is, I don't think it's anything that can be weaponized." I reasoned, thinking back to that day over five years ago.