CHAPTER 19 - REUNIONS

Willows pov

"Congratulations! I know not fitting into your clothes is a downside but you and Marco—" "That's the thing... It's not Marcos baby."

I gasp and look at her. "Uh- what do you mean?!" I furrow my brows and wait for a reply. "Do I have to spell it out for you?" She snaps. "A man that isn't Marco stuck his d—"

"I know the logistics, thank you very much." She sighs. "How... how far along are you?" I ask, my tone soft as I didn't want to make her any more upset than she already was.

"Almost four months now. I found out last week and the doctor told me my options but- I don't want to hurt the baby. I love the baby already, and I love its father." She shrugs.

"Whose is it?" I ask cautiously. "Does it matter?! I only called you here to fix this mess!" She snaps and I sigh before kneeling and placing a hand on her dress.

"How much do you like this dress?" I ask as I look up to her. "It's designer." She says as she looks down at me, that wasn't the question I asked but whatever.

"It will still be designer if I alter the design. The cape thing is kinda too much anyway." I shrug as I begin to tear the cape from the dress. "You're ripping it!" She exclaims.

"Sorry, but there's no other way." I shrug. "The fabric isn't forgiving at all. I won't be able to make the dress zip up. But I will be able to hide the zipper so nobody will know." I say.

"I guess I don't really have a choice, Make me look decent, okay?" She says.

I finish fixing the dress and walk back out to the party, finding Evelyn. "Sorry Ev, the zipper got stuck. Not a big deal, but it wouldn't budge so I had to alter the dress."

"You look beautiful no matter what." Marco says to Delilah with a smile, if I had a man like him I would never cheat... not that I want a man, I don't like men.

"On that note let's start, I need bridesmaids and the best men. Mom and Dad can stand to the side for a while." The man says.

*time skip*

After the photos, we head to the party section of the rehearsal. Me and Evelyn are walking together, the silence loud but comfortable.

I yawn and rub my eyes, Evelyn turns to me and chuckles. "Are you tired already?" She asks, sounding amused. "Don't judge me!" I whine and she laughs again. "I'm not judging, don't worry. You have had a busy few days." She smiles.

"I just don't get why I'm even a part of the wedding party, Delilah doesn't even know me." I say as I look at Evelyn. "Delilah... doesn't really have any friends, and she didn't want Camilla and me to be at the party when... y'know." She chuckles slightly.

"Andrea and Liane are the only ones that really stuck around." She shrugs, her fingers playing with the ends of my hair gently. "More than you can say for me." I mumble.

"What do you mean?" Evelyn asks and tilts her head slightly. "Nothing, never mind." I shake my head and she runs her fingers over my cheek before pulling her hand away.

"Anyway, it balances out because Marco has no friends either. Why else would grandad be a groomsman." She chuckles and I smile.

"I did find that a bit weird." I laugh. "The wedding day should be interesting at least. For now, let's go inside and do some socialising." She smiles and holds out her hand. "Then we can sneak out early so you can get some sleep." She winks.

"Ohh, now you're speaking my language." I chuckle and take her hand as we walk into the reception hall, her thumb gently rubbing my hand.

"Why is it so dark?" I ask as we stand in the room. "Ever heard of 'ambience'?"  She chuckles. "Ever heard of being able to see people? And why don't rich people ever sit? What is it with you and tables that are too short." I rant.