CHAPTER 4 - THE MIX UP

Willows pov

I can't believe it's her. Why would she be here, I thought my fake fiancee was Emily. I turn around and try to walk back to the plane, but the receptionist stops me. "I need to get back on the plane." I plead. "I'm very sorry but I can't do that, if you would like to purchase a new flight the office is that way." She points over to the side, but I know I don't have the money to travel home.

"Ahem." I hear a voice behind me so i turn around. It was Evelyn again. "Is everything okay?" The receptionist asks. Before I could answer Evelyn nods her head and grabs my suitcase. She starts walking away, so I quickly follow after her grabbing my case.

"What are you doing?" She asks looking at me like I'm doing something bad. We keep pulling the suitcase back and forth before she pulls slightly too hard and my suitcase pops open meaning my clothes are scattered over the road. She looks at me and scoffs before walking off.

I kneel over and start picking up my clothes, suddenly I see a pair of veiny hands start picking up some of my clothes, looking up I realise it's the man from the coffee shop. "Hi" I smile at him, and he smiles back.

"Why are you still at work? It's nearly Christmas shouldn't you be spending it with your family?" I ask, I probably shouldn't have but I didn't really think about it. "No, Christmas is always busy for Evelyn's company so i have to work more hours, the pay is better around the holidays as well." Suddenly, he stands up and puts the last of my things in the suitcase before zipping it back up.

"Thank you!" I smile at him before walking over to the car Evelyn is sitting in. I sit in the back seat next to her before pulling my phone out to text my boss Rachel.

*over text*
W: hey, Rachel.
W: we've got a bit of a problem.
W: hello?
W: Rachel?
W: RACHEL?
W: this isn't funny.
W: seriously something went wrong.
W: I'm not with Emily!
W: please get back to me.

Why isn't she replying? Surely she should reply it's the middle of the day, and she knew I was on a flight. I feel something hit my cheek and I look up and over to Evelyn. She's staring at me like she's waiting for me to do something, so I look down at my lap to see what hit my face.

It was a ring. It had a gold ring with a blue diamond on the top. I hold it in my hand kinda shocked as I had never seen a ring like this. It was beautiful. "Put it on." Evelyn says in a rude tone. Do I listen to her? I mean she hasn't been very nice so far and I'm hoping to leave soon. I guess a bit of practice wouldn't hurt..? "It goes on your finger. The fourth finger of your left hand."

I look up at her angrily and slide the ring onto my finger. She makes me so mad, I feel like I could scream. "We are here." She never even told me where we were going but I look out the window and see a cute blue building with pink furniture.

We both get out of the car and walk towards the entrance. "Why are there no people in this cafe?" I ask. "I rented it out for us. Nobody will be here except the workers."

We walk in, and she takes a menu from the desk. She pulls out a seat at the table and points her eyes towards the seat urging me to take it, I sit down, and she passes me the menu. "Order anything you want I'll pay." She smiles and I feel like I'm with a completely different person for a second.

She is so beautiful, her hair looks even more blonde in this light and her eyes were bright blue. I stare at her for a second admiring all the little details on her face. Wow. She looks up and gives me a confused look.

Evelyns pov

I look up from the menu to see willow staring at me, as I look up she quickly looks away making me smile a little, her hair was bright ginger and it was slightly wavy. Her eyes were dark brown, she had a dark red shirt with dark grey jeans and black boots. She's so pretty...

Willows pov

"Why are we at this cafe?" I ask. She looks up and sighs.

"I know you weren't expecting it to be me here, because if u were u wouldn't have reacted how you did at the airport, but your here now, and I was promised a fiancee called willow Monroe who is supposedly sweet and as an exact quote from your file 'a quick learner who is always polite.' I had your file and have read it multiple times already but I'm guessing you didn't get mine, so I need you to learn everything about me so you don't embarrass yourself, or worse.. Me."

So she knows everything about me..? That's kind of scary. "Well I know your sister Camilla is getting married." For a second I see Evelyns grumpy look fade away, and she smiles at me.

"That's a start, I suppose." She sarcastically says " she's getting married on Christmas eve and me and my mom have to plan most of the things as her fiancé is busy, and she gets stressed really easy. My family wasn't that confused when I told them I was bringing my fiancée home for Christmas, I'm not that close with them anymore, so I don't tell them much."

She hands me a folder with a lot of paper in
"You need to read that before we meet up with my family later today. We have about an hour before we leave." I open the folder to begin reading but my phone pings, I check it and it's Rachel. Texting me back.

Rachel:
I'm really sorry about the mix-up, was your                     flight okay?

Willow:
Yes, my flight was okay and don't worry about the mix-up, when will I be flown home?

Rachel:
Home? Why would you fly home?

Willow:
Because I'm not with the right person? I was supposed to be with Emily?

Rachel:
So? We had a slight mix up, sure. Evelyn and Emily have the same initial it was a simple mistake. We sent you and your file to Evelyn and Evelyns sugar and her file to Emily. So as far as they know they got the right person and everything is okay.

Willow:
I'm done. I want to come home.

Rachel:
Oh willow, if you do that you will be breaching the contract and I will be forced to sue.

Willow:
You said if I ever felt uncomfortable I could leave??

Rachel:
No, no. I said if your fiancée ever made you feel uncomfortable you could come home, but you haven't said a word about Evelyn or her treatment to you and you have no proof anyway, so I have no choice but to hold you to your contract.

Willow:
What type of company do you think your running?!

Rachel:
A complicated one. Do not waste my time again willow.

I don't understand! This isn't fair, there was nothing about this in the contact or I would never have signed it if there was. I'm stuck here for the next few months now. With a fiancée who didn't even bother to find a person for herself, I guess I understand why she hired someone everyone needs something sometimes.

I opened her file and started reading.

1300 words