[S1A] Chapter 4: Repair

2 Days Later....

Y/N had been quietly working on repairing the Pizza shop sign that Garnet had "accidentally" destroyed for the past two days. Each day, he carefully removed the chipped and damaged wood, repainted the lettering, and made sure the bulbs on the sign were working properly. It was an arduous task, but he was intent on repairing the damage caused by the gems and himself, while also paying the debt that the group owed to the Pizza's.

As he jumped down from the roof, and then back up with a new handful of nails, Y/N couldn't help but silently question why he had offered to help in the first place. Sure, it was Steven who told him to "try", but why did he actively go against his principles and offer his help to the Pizza's?  It had been a long time since he had gone out of his way to "help" someone, and he grimaced at the thought. He hated the fact that he had already let his guard down so much.

On this particular day, Y/N was standing up on the roof, carefully reattaching a few loose bolts and screws, when he heard the voices of some unfamiliar teenagers below. Having his interests slightly peaked for a moment, he took a quick glance below and saw two younger individuals nearby, watching him work.

Uninterested with their presence, Y/N turned around and continued his work on the sign. As he returned his attention back to his work, Y/N's thoughts were interrupted once again by the sound of the two unfamiliar voices, two males to be exact, one with cream coloured hair and a blue hoodie, and the other wearing shades similar to Garnet and a red leather jacket.

Slightly annoyed by their presence, he paid as little attention to the two teens as possible. The teens however, who stood in the stores parking lot, remained, seemingly waiting for someone. He could sense their curiosity as they looked up at him, it was as if they were shooting lasers at the back of his head, but he tried not to let it distract him. However, it was only when Jenny burst out of the shop that Y/N could finally relax and focus on his task.

Once Jenny came out of the store, she immediately noticed her two friends looking up at the roof. The teen in the blue hoodie was the first to throw out his question.

???(1): "Yo Jen, what happened to your roof, looks like someone went wild up there."

???(2): "I kinda like the new look, shows how strong and stable the shop is."

Looking up at the partially damaged roof, Jenny's eyes set onto Y/N as he hammers in a nail.

Jenny: "Oh yeah! One of those colourful ladies crashed into it, and trust me when I say this, my dad was ANGRY. Luckily Y/N up there offered to fix all the damage. HEY! THANKS AGAIN Y/N."

Continuing to ignore the group below, Y/N responded with an audible grunt without looking at them. Wanting to introduce her two friends to Y/N, she once again called up to him.

Jenny: "Heeeyyy Y/N, you been workin' on that sign all day, you should come with us, we're all goin' to Funland!"

Without looking back, Y/N responded with his usual monotone voice.

Y/N: "No thanks."

Hearing Y/N's refusal to go, Jenny pouted as she crossed her arms.

Jenny: "Oh come on Y/N! It's not like that sign's gonna run away or anything! Besides, from the looks of it, you're nearly done anyways!"