)•( Brock Purdy )•(

Title: Keep Me Company Till Sleep
Takes Me
Warnings: Mentions of drinking and drunk reader (I've never drank, so all of this is inspired off of stories I've been told)

—————

Brock had just seen you like five minutes ago and now he couldn't find you in Juszczyk's house. He couldn't believe he had lost you that easily.

Sure you were good at blending in sometimes, but you were his girlfriend and he always knew where to look for you. He stands corrected as he stands by the stairs.

He spots Nick nursing a cup in his hands. What's in the cup is a mystery, but he looks comfortable where he's leaned against the wall watching everyone around him. Brock moves towards him.

"Have you seen (Y/n)?" He ask when he reaches him, grabbing his teammate's attention.

Nick gives him a lazy smile and laughs, raising his hand holding the cup to point in the direction of the living room. "Turn your attention to your left and I'm sure you won't have any problems finding her."

Brock's brows pull together as he follows Nick's like of vision. He had checked the living room just a minute ago and seeing you now, he is 100% positive you hadn't been there when he had looked, because there was no way he could've missed you.

Hate Bein' Sober was playing from a speaker somewhere in the house and you were dancing to it with Deebo and George. You looked like you were having the time of your life by the smile on your face. Your boyfriend finds himself smiling at the sight of you. He hates to ruin your fun but time had flown by and he hadn't realized just how early in the morning it was. You should've been at home sleeping soundly in bed together.

"It's time to go," Brock announces a little firmly when he gets to you, gently grabbing your bicep to stop your dancing.

You stop and look up with big eyes. Oh no. You were drunk. He should've known you weren't just dancing for fun at a time like this. You would dance with the guys often, but upon getting older, staying up and doing more than existing past midnight made you grumpy from being sleepy.

You weren't one to get drunk ever. You hated the effects of drinking and the hangover that came after, so he's pretty sure you didn't purposely get as drunk as he thinks you are. He knew the punch in the kitchen had alcohol in it, but had you known? Great, this was great. He was going to strangle whoever was behind you getting drunk. You were going to be a handful for the next 24 hours; while the alcohol was still in your system until your hangover was over.

"To your next game?" You ask, sounding as sweet and innocent as ever.

His features soften and he shakes his head. You're something else when you're drunk. "No, sweetheart, we're going home."

"Where's that?"

Shaking his head again, he gazes down at you with the softest eyes. "You are so drunk. Come on, let's go."

Your lips turn into a pout. "But I don't wanna."

"Oh, but you're gonna." With no warning, your boyfriend scoops you up bridal style and you yelp in surprise. You don't put up a fight though, and that's all he could ask for. You glare at him, but he can live with that.