Blossomtail could see pain behind Rushtail's eyes, he was clearly unconvinced. Blossomtail forced herself to look away, staring back out into the falling snow. "I'm here for you, Blossomtail." She felt his muzzle gently press into her shoulder. "Whenever you are ready to talk, I'll be listening."

Blossomtail tried to keep her emotions in check, she felt like she didn't deserve such kind siblings. She once again found herself longing for Owlbreeze's company. She wondered how she was doing through this storm, she imagined she wasn't struggling at all. Owlbreeze was always talented, always smart, always everything that Blossomtail wasn't.

She didn't feel jealousy or resentment towards Owlbreeze, Blossomtail just wanted to make her proud. She wanted to make her siblings proud, to make her parents proud, to make her Clan proud and she always felt like she was falling short of it.

Her emotions were becoming overwhelming again, her claws tore at the moss of her her nest, she felt like she was going to have a panic attack. She felt Rushtail still next to her, she decided to focus on him, on her brother. She knew that Rushtail would always be there, she knew he would be there for all of them. He wasn't the oldest, but he was by far the most mature and the most caring.

She closed her eyes, focusing on Rushtail's prescance as well as Oakfang, who was sleeping just on the other side of her. She heard the idle conversations of her current denmates and she gradually brought herself down from her panic attack. She knew deep down that the only one who actually hated her, was herself. She didn't know how to get over it other than just improving her skills, but it never felt like enough.

She let her mind drift, just watching the snow fall again, trying to find some sort of peace and empty her mind. She managed for a few moments, but it didn't last long as a pained wail split the air. It sounded like Squirreltail. Every single warrior was on alert, nearly trembling Blossomtail to get a look out the front entrance.

Blossomtail was nearly shoved outside, and the first thing she saw was Brackenpelt running without fear across the snow filled camp to the medicine cat den after his mates wail.

"What happened?" She heard Bluestream ask.

"We don't know." Rushtail replied. "Brackenfur just ran to the medicine cat den." Blossomtail tried her best to think of what could cause Squirreltail to cry out in such pain; then she remembered that her mother was sick.

Is Sandfoot okay? Blossomtail wondered, her stomach twisting into knots. She looked at Rushtail and he clearly had the same thought. Not long after Brackenfur ran out into the camp, Honeyfrost was running from the elder's den to the medicine cat den as well, nearly tripping in the snow as she ran.

There was a long moment of silence, as all the warriors waited for some kind of news. Eventually they all backed away from the entrance, but Blossomtail remained with Rushtail. They all seemed to understand what was going on, they were just waiting for any kind of confirmation.

Several moments after, Blossomtail saw Dawnstar leaving her own den and going to the medicine cat den. Just a few moments after the leader stepped out in the entrance of the medicine cat den. "Attention cats of SunClan! If you can hear me, I am so sorry to tell you all that we have lost Sandfoot." Blossomtail dropped her head, grief filling her body, she rested her head on Rushtail's shoulder and the energy in the apprentice den turned solemn. "Sandfoot was one of our oldest warriors, she was one of the strongest, most loyal and most dedicated cats I ever had the pleasure of meeting. She was my very first deputy, and she loved this Clan and her family more than anything."

"I can't believe she's gone..." Hollystorm whimpered quietly while Bluestream and Windsong went to her side for support, Sandfoot was her grandmother, but every single cat in this Clan didn't know life without Sandfoot in the Clan.

She had always been there, always been around to tell stories to the kits and to teach apprentices her wisdom. She had lived many moons, and she had a wonderful family in Squirreltail, Redclaw and all their kits. She was such an inspiration and Blossomtail longed to be even half the warrior that Sandfoot was.

"If you wish to hold vigil for Sandfoot," Dawnstar continued to speak. "The vigil will be held in my den, so we may shelter her and ourselves from the harsh cold. My den has limited space, but anyone who wants to sit vigil is welcome to join.

Hollystorm left to go sit vigil and Blossomtail saw the elders leaving their den to join them, as well as several warriors and all of Sandfoot's grandchildren. Blossomtail wanted to go, but the den would be crowded. She would hold her own vigil for Sandfoot, and she was certain most other cats would too.

For the next several moments, the den was completely silence as the remaining cats in the den grieved Sandfoot, the saddened air was thick and heavy, almost suffocating. Blossomtail could see Oakfang who had woken up to Squirreltail's cry, shifting uncomfortably in his nest. His eyes hurting as he looked over his Clanmates. "Hey," He spoke suddenly, getting the attention of their denmates. "I know we can't sit vigil for Sandfoot, but she's been in all our lives since we were born. Why don't we remember her by telling some stories?"

He had gotten everyone's interest, but they all hesitated. Blossomtail knew that he was really trying to help here, so she spoke first. "Do you remember the time the four of us got stuck on tick duty? Before Owlbreeze left for her mission." She looked to her brothers. "She had a really bad tick on her shoulder, and she was trying to play it off like it was nothing."

Oakfang's eyes lightened. "I do remember, because I was the one who had to take it off." He sneered and the the rest of the warriors in the den listened. "I had to use so much mouse bile to get that nasty thing off."

"She was so grateful when you got it off though." Rushtail pointed out. "She even told Burnclaw to let you eat prey early."

Oakfang let out a snort of laughter. "He only listened cause Sandfoot was his grandmother! Otherwise he would've sent me right out on patrol with the stink of mouse bile still on my paws!"

The denmates shared a laugh and Bluestream was the next one to speak up. "When Snowfeather, Windsong and I were kits, we would always want to run in and go talk to Sandfoot because she had the best stories. She told us about times when she was an apprentice, as a warrior and of the all the battles she fought."

"I'm pretty sure she exaggerated most of them." Windsong pointed out.

"She wanted to entertain us." Bluestream chuckled. "It's a lot more interesting to skit to hear a wild and wonderful story than the story of some border patrol." Windsong agreed and they continued to share the story. Blossomtail felt her heart grow lighter as everyone went around and told a story about Sandfoot, sharing their memories and talking about how important she really was to the Clan.

It genuinely warmed Blossomtail's heart of how much the Clan really did love Sandfoot and always would. She was a strong, loving and caring warrior who had an impact on every single cat who crossed her path.

Blossomtail knew that she would never forget Sandfoot, her name would remain in the Clan's history for seasons to come. She hoped that in StarClan she would be reunited with her lost mate as well as Squirreltail's kits who Blossomtail had heard so much about.

Blossomtail peered out of the den, glancing up towards the sky as the sun was gradually setting behind the trees. She took a deep breath to calm her mind. She really hoped that Sandfoot would peace in the stars, and that the family she left behind would be able to heal. She knew that all of SunClan would feel her loss for moons to come, but they would never forget her name.