84- Talks Of The Heart

Start from the beginning

My mind was already on what to tell Roy so I didn't remember what I ended up writing, what was in my mind or what I wanted to say.

After pacing around for a while, I rubbed my cold hands together. I swallowed hard and took a few deep breaths to calm my vexation.

It's gonna be okay.

Filled with extreme fear and anxiety anticipated by the fact how Roy will react to hear how much of a depraved soul I was. Lucien was right-

'Don't give me that crap of justice. You were one of them, you are equally as sinister and sinful as they are.'

We must share these talks of the heart.

"Hey!" Roy's voice came from behind. I squeaked and stumbled. He laughed a little as I pouted a little.

"Don't scare me like that." I frowned at him.

"I just greeted you," He shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed and got the jar of cookies and a letter and gave it to him. I smiled and said, "I made them for you and read this letter in the morning."

"Okay.." He said hesitantly.

We both then sat down and I kept looking down.

"The weather is nice, don't you think so?" He grinned beautifully. I looked at him and smiled as I nodded.

"So, You wanted to talk?" He asked, turning to me.

"Look Garnet, if you are going to confess your love just like I did in my style then I will give you a copyright strike. Try a new idea." He smirked playfully and I glared because I wanted to tell him something important but he was utterly non-serious.

"Roy!" I hissed.

"Okay, sorry. Just telling you." He said, chuckling to himself.

I took a deep breath and turned to him and held his hand. I looked at him and began to say,

"Roy, It's midnight and the start of a new day and I want to start our lives-" And he cut me off.

"Those are exactly the words I wrote. See you are copying me." He pouted but the menacing stare I sent in his direction finally shut his mouth.

"Okay. Sorry." He smiled cutely, motioning me to continue.

Sighing, I continued, "I want to start our lives with no more secrets, I want to tell you everything about me, I don't know how you will react but I need to tell you so that our relationship won't be built upon lies."

He looked at me intensely and gave him a dire nod, he then kissed my hands and said, "Garnet, no matter how dark your past might be, I promise I will not judge you and stand by your side."

I smiled sadly and pulled away, "Thanks." I whispered. I lowered my head and looked at my laps and inhaled deeply as I began to say.

"I was told that I am the Moon and Eri is a star. I couldn't be their ideal child so they have to adopt one. Eri is adopted. They find the girl looks exactly like me so people won't question much."

"She is not biological?! That explains the huge gap too." He almost gasped.

"But, I was happy to have a little sister but I was no longer needed. I became envious of Eri, she was getting attention and affection... Before I knew it, jealousy and hatred took over me." I paused, noticing his confusion.

He had no idea where this was leading but taking a deep breath I continued.

"I..I.. didn't know how this happened but.. that day.. Mother and Father were going somewhere and left us in Aunt's care. I don't know what took over, I was so angry.. that I cut some wires of their car.. unaware that these are for brakes and they.. never returned..."

My voice broke, his jaw dropped in disbelief. I had always been impulsive but I was literally a child back then, I had no idea. I was.. Envious and furious.

"They never come back.. When I realized what I did, I was devastated, I was drowned from guilt; killed from inside."

And I told him the first mistake of my life, the first action I took hastily, due to hatred, my biggest nightmare.

"And after that, I promised myself to never let any harm reach Eri. I was horrified. When you called me a murderer, you were right. Because of me, my parents died. I am cursed, I hurt everyone around me."

Looking down in shame, my chest clenched with the overwhelming pain. My heart was being torn apart, I could feel this tingling sensation of pain in my heart.

"I often hear voices calling me a curse- what I believe I am... I was just twelve. I lost my ability to think. But, I swear I didn't mean to. We become orphans. Eri lost her parents the second time because of me."

I cried with my chest getting tightened by each word I spoke. The pain inflicted on me was unbearable and I told him something I have never told anyone.

""I swore to become a kid they always wanted so I worked hard and received a scholarship from the Dawn Academy in Canada and everything changed. It ruined my life..."