[011] theo silver, the ever reliable kook

CHAPTER ELEVEN
THEO SILVER, THE EVER RELIABLE KOOK

HEADING DOWN THE STAIRS THE FOLLOWING MORNING, Theo sees his dad holding a piece of paper with an angry frown on his face

HEADING DOWN THE STAIRS THE FOLLOWING MORNING, Theo sees his dad holding a piece of paper with an angry frown on his face. The boy knows exactly what it is, exactly who sent it, Sapphire Silver has never been one to waste time. He genuinely doesn't know how she could think it's the best for him, she doesn't know him anymore nor does he want her to.

"That from mum?" Theo asks quietly, startling his dad and the look on his face is enough to shatter Theo's composure. "She can't do this, right?"

"She's well within her rights to, Theo, but I doubt she has much of anything that will stand in court. I'm a lawyer, remember? I know every trick in the book," Eric smiles softly but there's no happiness behind it.

"She left, dad, why is she allowed to just come back into my life like this?"

"Parental rights I'm afraid, kiddo. This is for me to deal with, not you. Go and do teenage things for the day, okay? I'll let you know if there is any updates,"

Theo gives the man one final glance before sighing, a defeated nod of his head following. The 'teenage things' isn't exactly something that he feels like doing today, or any day really but especially today. With his mother lurking around, he doesn't wish to run into her by accident. Their last few interactions haven't been particularly good and he doubts they'll get any better — she doesn't allow herself to lose which means she's persistent.

Theo does know, however, that if he doesn't get out of the house that his dad is just going to pester him until he does. There are very few people in this place that he wants to hang around with but his feet do carry him in the direction of a place he knows very well, stopping in front of the large home and staring up at it.

Maisie and he hadn't actually made up yet, they had a few words with one another and shared a dance, but Theo isn't exactly sure where they stand. In his mind, it's the girl who should be reaching out and repairing their fragile relationship, she'd been the one to tear it apart in the first place.

Shaking his head, the boy continues on his way and moves towards the beach instead. People pass by and greet him with small smiles which he struggles to return but he does, not wanting them to stop him and engage in conversation. He simply decides to enjoy the sea breeze in silence, the sound of waves crashing upon the shore sending a calmness through him.

"Theo!"

His name echoes through his ears, the serene voice one that he's still getting used to hearing. Theo had believed he'd done enough to keep her away for now, force her to give him some time, yet his mother isn't one for doing what other's want — it seems as if it's all about her and nobody else. At one time in his life, he would've hated himself for thinking so badly about the woman, now he hates himself for any underlying fondness he feels. This isn't his mum who had raised him, no, this is simply the lady who had given birth to him and left years later.