[002] pogues vs kooks

CHAPTER TWO
POGUES VS KOOKS

THEO HAS ALWAYS HATED THE WAY the people around him seem to dismiss their wrongdoings as if they'd done nothing wrong at all

THEO HAS ALWAYS HATED THE WAY the people around him seem to dismiss their wrongdoings as if they'd done nothing wrong at all. Topper Thornton has been getting on his nerves all morning, constantly blabbering about the fact he'd had a gun held to his head the night before, almost as if he wasn't the one who tried to drown somebody to begin with.

When Maisie had told Theo she wanted to help with some extra clean up from the hurricane, he assumed she meant for somebody who would actually need their help, not going down to the Cameron's. If he isn't going to get paid for helping, he at least wants it to be for a good reason - there are people on the other side of the island who don't even have power right now.

"I heard you actually left the house last night, Silver?"

Theo turns his gaze to Rafe who is sipping on a beer, his shades hiding his eyes but Theo knows there is a twinkle of mischief in them. If Theo disliked Topper, then he despised Rafe. There's just always been something about him that rubbed Theo the wrong way, an attitude that makes him want to pour a drink over the guy's head.

"Yeah. Mais wanted to go to the kegger so I went with her," Theo responds quietly, playing with the cup in his hands to try and distract himself from the glances of the others.

"So you saw what happened with Top and the pogue?"

That catches his attention, Rafe and Topper both staring at him with a look he isn't so sure he likes. The older of the two has gone at him before, pushed him because of the way he conducts himself. Rafe doesn't like the idea of any kooks hanging around with Pogues, even if he isn't really associated with them himself. Theo and Rafe aren't friends, they're hardly acquaintances, and yet he seems to care about the brunette's business.

"You mean when he had the gun pointed to his skull? Yeah I remember it pretty vividly," Theo says, raising his eyebrows as if to ask what Rafe is getting at. "I also remember watching him try to drown John B,"

Maisie kicks him lightly with her foot, somewhat mortified that he'd brought it up. Rafe's relaxed expression sours very quickly, Topper looking less than impressed as well.

Maisie let's out an awkward chuckle. "T had a lot to drink last night, he probably doesn't remember it too clearly,"

"Not enough to render me incapable of comprehending what was happening in front of me. Kind of a dick move by the way,"

Topper scoffs, disbelief at the fact he's actually being called out. "You can't actually be serious? You think it's okay that he pointed a gun at my head?"

"I never said that, I just said that maybe you shouldn't try to drown people's friends and they wouldn't have to take such extreme action,"

Maisie looks as if she currently wants to be anywhere else but here, Rafe looks furious which definitely isn't a good thing and Topper still has that look of disbelief plastered across his face. Rolling his eyes, Theo grabs his phone from the table in front of him and walks away, leaving the small group to chat amongst themselves. He ignores Maisie's call of his name, knowing that if she really wants to speak with him, she'll find him later.