[006] best friends, bitter rivals

CHAPTER SIX
BEST FRIENDS, BITTER RIVALS

THE FOUR TEENAGERS rock up to the movie event in a comfortable silence, the radio in the car being the thing to ease out the awkwardness

THE FOUR TEENAGERS rock up to the movie event in a comfortable silence, the radio in the car being the thing to ease out the awkwardness. He ignores the looks he gets from some of the people around them when he gets out, all of them probably wondering the same thing — what is Theo Silver doing with Pogues?

There's that slight itch, the want within him, to tell them all to get lost but he maintains his composure. None of these people have a right to judge him, not when half of them are terrible people with questionable morals. Besides, he's known the Pogues for a couple of weeks now, with the exception of Kiara, and he already likes them a lot more than those that live around him.

"Where's John B?" Theo asks JJ as they walk beside one another, Pope and Kiara just behind them in their own conversation. "Thought you two were joined at the hip all the time,"

"I don't even know to be honest," JJ responds, shrugging his shoulders. "And no we're not,"

The second part of his sentence is accompanied by a roll of his eyes, clearly not bothered by Theo's statement but rather amused.  Theo smiles at him slightly before looking away only to see the sight he expected but didn't want to believe, a certain brunette standing around with Rafe and Topper. It's still such an odd picture, a girl who once hated Rafe Cameron is now one of his many 'followers'. Theo has absolutely no idea how anybody could be actual friends with that guy, he's practically irredeemable in his eyes.

JJ must notice his change in attitude, taking in the way Theo's lips have forced themselves down into a frown, so he gently bumps his shoulder to gain his attention. The brunette gazes at the shaggy blonde, eyebrows raised in question.

"Ignore her," JJ says simply.

"It's not that easy, JJ. She's done a full one-eighty with her attitude in the space of like a week," Theo mumbles unhappily, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Not uncommon for her,"

It's a swipe at Maisie, an underlying bitterness ever present in his tone of voice but Theo doesn't comment on it. It seems as if the two of them have more in common then he once thought, both stranded as their friend leaves them behind. Whatever happened between Maisie and the Pogues must have been pretty bad for them to completely pull away from one another, either that or JJ is very good at holding a grudge.

"What did happen anyway?" Theo asks the boy to his side, pulling his shirt sleeves down so that he's holding the end of them in his hands. "She never once mentioned that you guys used to be friends,"

"I think you'd find she ditched us for you," JJ chuckles. "I remember the whole 'cute boy' conversation just after she moved to Figure Eight. She had a massive thing for you, dude,"

That is not unknown to Theo, his first kiss being with the girl who he once thought he really liked — turns out it was more a friendship thing than a relationship thing. She'd been the first person he'd confined in about his sexuality and the fact she'd been so supportive gave him the courage to talk to his dad and Emmy, both who were the same.