Chapter 7

Somewhere underneath the southern Atlantic Ocean

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Within the Dark Veil's bridge, the room had manifested a holographic image of a lavender haired woman in her 20s who is dressed up in the purple and blue Celestial Being female military uniform with a beret on her head and a pair of spectacles. From first impression, she appears to be the younger iteration of Sumeragi Lee Noriega if the tactical forecaster of Celestial Being had decided to dye her brown hair, wear glasses and style a hair bun like that of her friend and fellow tactical forecaster Kati Mannequin.

She is Varia, the Quasi-Veda created by Daryl Lancer, or rather Chronicle Bringer now as he chose to rechristen himself, to serve as the one who provide him vital information, tactical forecasting and monitoring the world of Anno Domini after the Dark Veil and its mechanical crew and cargo had been transported there thanks to the ZERO System her Creator had taken from Adam Winslow and activated it with the Plavsky Particles.

Almost similarly like her original counterpart, Veda itself from the Celestial Being Mothership that was always cloaked by Optical Camouflage from sight in space. And she prefers not to get Veda's attention towards her after going through the trouble to ensure she won't be easily detected, traced and overwhelmed by the quantum supercomputer far greater than herself.

Perhaps if her Creator had chosen an alternative Gundam world such as UC, SEED or IBO before activating the ZERO System to be sent there, the Quasi-Veda would have undisputed complete monopoly over the said world's global network and almost nothing can stop her.

In fact, Varia was based off from one of the Artificial Intelligence iterations of Gundam characters that control the custom-made Gunpla to fight each other in Gunpla Battle, and they possessed the memories and personalities of the originals that they've replicated almost perfectly. Such as for example, the A.I. iterations of Char Aznable and Amuro Ray, as both of them are just like their counterparts with mutual rivalry and resentment at each other for the death of Lalah Sune as demonstrated in one Gunpla Battle duel with the Ballistic Zaku and the Reversible Gundam the two had controlled.

As for Varia, her Creator had used the data of A.I. Sumeragi Lee Noriega as a basis to be his Quasi-Veda, which she is more than willing to fulfill her purpose.

Little did Chronicle Bringer know that he also simply gave new form of the said A.I. when making her. Not only that, she accepted the name of Varia that he gave as her new identity to stand out from her human counterpart.

Speaking of her purpose, Varia was overseeing the current combat situation at Taribia where the three Gundams of Celestial Being and the Cornix Furia had participated in the armed intervention respectively before splitting off when the Over Flags and the Union forces are mobilizing to protect the South American country that now changed its mind of secession and chase after their enemies.

"Exia has been pursued and forced to engage the Custom Flag of Graham Aker, the captain of the Over Flags in open combat. The specs on his Union mobile suit are somewhat impressive but it sacrificed pilot safety. It won't be long until Meister Setsuna eventually overpowers Captain Aker thanks to the superiority of Exia.", she analyzed upon looking at the first viewscreen of the duel between Setsuna F. Seiei's Gundam and Graham's black colored Flag.

So far, Graham had been holding his own well against Setsuna's GN Blade when using both plasma blades thanks to his ace piloting skills as the Top Gun of the Union. But they fail to actually leave any real damage on Exia thanks to its unique brand of E-Carbon made by Celestial Being and enhanced by its GN Drive. Not only that, it would take one good swing of the GN Particle-enhanced physical sword to cut the Black Custom Flag down to pieces.