All he can recall is that he passed out and sobered up to clean the living room. But the latter was the thing he dreamed of. Now it seems to be true.

“I don't understand you…” he lowly talked.

Maricar don't want to burst out but her last string of patience has broken. She slammed the door shut and went near to the man.

“Huh, you don't understand?! Or are you just going to play dumb? Okay, I'll let you remember everything. Last month, you've been living here by deceiving me. I get it you wanted to save money. But how dare you extort me and my father with your crap kindness you have!?”

“D-Deceiving? What–”

“Shut up! Pierre, answer me! You're such a jerk, you know that?! I thought I had an independent life after having my own place! Then I just knew I had a housemate who is a great opportunist enough to rob me! You even tried to pry in my life and befriended me! For what? Tell me!”

The whole house went into a deafening silence. Pierre couldn't respond nor move. They were both looking onto each other's eyes. Maricar was glaring yet he tried not to show any emotions from his eyes. He took all insults the young lady threw at him at this point. Each word she said felt like a step on his ego. A knife to his heart. But he tried to swallow it all, in his mind, it was his fault to keep things from her.

Maricar slowly calmed down. After fixing her hair, she wanted to end everything with him. She couldn't bear to live in the same house with the man she hates. It would be a battlefield if she knows she's living with him.

“You know what? I don't ask you to pay, I just want to move out. As soon as possible. Get out of my sight after I come back in this house!” she turned around, leaving. But Pierre hold the door. He won't let her go. Maricar glanced at him.

Pierre sighed and looked at Maricar in her eyes dearly, which she broke. He had to apologize, even if it was not his intention to scare her. However, she just have to listen to him.

“I'm sorry… I don't intend to frame you and your father, Maricar. Believe me, I'm not a bad person. I don't have the guts to trick your dad.” Pierre took out his phone and hastily transferred her money equivalent of a month's rent.

Maricar's phone vibrated. She saw seven thousand in her e-wallet on the screen before glancing back at Pierre.

“I don't blame you for everything you said today, since this is the agreement between me and your father. I never intended in the first place to take advantage of his kindness. But I have to. I don't want to let him think that even guys would avoid her daughter because of his perception of you. It's a tough choice for me, Maricar.”

He took his hand of the door and stood straight. “I'm apologizing for everything but I don't want to leave this house.” Pierre said in a bitter tone. He have to swallow some of his pride.

Though slightly convinced, Maricar still want nothing from the man in front of her, “Okay, I know you won't leave this house. If you won't leave, then I'll leave for you. Since you're so respectful to my father… and I'm just a very bad daughter. I'll defy my father for you!”

“Maricar, please don't. I never treated you like a bad person. Don't leave.”

She walked back to her room, however Pierre tried to get her attention. She didn't stop and continued walking. The young man wanted to say something but he don't know what to do, until he was left with no choice.

“Maricar Ysabella!”

Finally, she stopped. He went up to her.

“There's no houses left to rent at this time. It's been three months after the start of the semester, every house in this neighborhood must be occupied by now.”