Chapter 12: I'm Here

Începe de la început

She was very excited deep inside as it was her first gala without her father's connection. It was also her biggest fashion event ever attended, making the young lady overwhelmed a bit.

Maricar was directed to the main hall by a staff. She thanked her before going to the direction.

“That girl is gorgeous. Do you know her?” a man from the background asked his companion. It was out of Maricar hearing, but the stares made her noticed the guy who was wearing a cream-colored suit.

“I don't know her, sir. Maybe you can ask her name.”

Maricar was about to enter the main hall when the guy called her out.

“Mi amore. You look fantastic tonight.”

The young lady smiled and appreciate his compliment. The guy had a Spanish accent which added a bit of romance in his breaths.

She replied, “Same as you.”

The bachelor smirked and pushed the closed wooden white door in front her before saying, “I'm Sergio. You seemed to be alone.”

Maricar showed no interest to him. But he reached out his right hand, asking for a handshake. She didn't refuse.

“I'm Marie.”

Sergio tried to impress her, “What a lovely name for a fabulous face, señorita. It will be better if you're letting me accompany you tonight.”

However she wasn't amused with his behavior. Many guys have tried to flirt her. Even the most handsome ones couldn't make her jaw drop. She was just too fed up with flirty men where to the point she aren't having that butterfly feelings.

Sure, she was attracted to them. But not in a way she will give in to her lust and attraction.

Maricar chuckled and bluntly replied, “Stop hitting on me, Sergio. I'm not here to find men. If you may excuse me.” she went ahead inside, leaving the man who got even more excited with her attitude.

“Feisty! Target locked, young lady,” he mumbled.

“Kuya Sergio! What are you doing here?! Daddy is looking for you!” his sister called from afar. She came from the left wing of the building, trying to find her big brother as the ceremony was about to start.

He responded before going inside together with her.

Maricar, on the other hand, sat on the fifth row of the right side of the column of tables. It was one of the well-lit areas in the venue, where she purposefully sat to gain attention from personalities inside.

She was wearing a creation of Ice Cream's designer, which might give her father some recognition as she try to explore the industry of modelling herself.

In a few minutes, the venue suddenly went dim for a moment before all the lights focused onto the stage where the hostess just walked in.

She enthusiastically welcomed the guests and everyone before introducing herself and the event happening today. The gala was very successfully to be able to start and became the most sought after event in the fashion industry as of today.

“Before I present to you the owner of Daring Fashion Company, let me enumerate the awards and recognitions held by our one and only Mr. David!”

Maricar who was listening on her chair suddenly felt a touch on her shoulder. She grabbed the hand and pulled it towards her. It was Sergio.

“Ouch! Why so aggressive, Ms. Marie?” he playfully said. Maricar let go of his hand and wiped hers.

She never intended to reply, as it was too unnecessary to talk with him. The lady let go of the guy's wrist and went back to her original position earlier.