Chapter 5: A Girl

Start from the beginning

Mr. Lopez smiled and said, “Silly, but congratulations, kid. Is that your first championship?”

Pierre shook his head, “My third time.”

It was like the god and his disciple. Seeing Pierre with that outstanding performance in the past three years made Mr. Lopez acknowledge the young man's ability.

“Why not four times?”

Pierre reached his nape and scratched it, “Mrs. Martinez's son got the first place at that time.”

“Understandable. That kid.”

Pierre was shocked to hear the alumnus' response. “Mr. Lopez. You knew him?”

“He's my extra student way back when I was a professor. He's a prodigy like you. But as soon as I knew he got a girlfriend in his second year, I already saw his downfall–”

“He just shifted his focus. I saw him winning many awards together with his girlfriend.”

Mr. Lopez wasn't amuse and told him to screw off. Although Pierre knew it was in a joking manner, he bid goodbye to the former professor and went outside.

Before he went far, Mr. Lopez called once again, “Pierre.”

“Mm?”

“Get my number from that kid. I hope both of you will be successful.”

Pierre smiled and nodded, “I will.”

***

It was a warm Saturday morning, Mr. Geron was early to find houses for his daughter.

He is free the whole morning, and so he decided to do everything in his hands. He also wanted to see what house will Maricar live until she graduates, giving her enough security as a girl independently living.

Flavio, the family driver, asked again on what time will he go back and pick Mr. Geron.

“Sir, I'll just go back here. Tell me if you want to be picked up early.”

“Okay.”

Pierre just got off the bus, few meters away from Mr. Geron.

He was on a phone call with Marco, “I'm not going to have a grocery. I'm checking houses.”

(Just buy me some food on the way home. Love you!)

“I'm telling Dianne this,” Pierre nonchalantly replied.

(Don't! Childish… I'm hanging up.)

Pierre was about to walk when he bumped with Mr. Geron.

“Oh, I'm so sorry, sir.”

Mr. Geron accepted the guy's apology. “No worries, young man.”

Pierre nodded and walked first, however, Maricar's father called him back.

“Young man, what's your name?”

The young man replied, “Sir, I'm Pierre.”

“Oh, do you live here, Pierre?”

“No, sir. I don't.”

Mr. Geron nodded and said that he was looking for apartments.

Pierre grinned, “I'm also finding an apartment. Sir, do you mind if I help you find one? You seemed to be new here. I have inquired some owners, maybe I can help.”

The older guy appreciated Pierre's suggestion, he agreed and both of them went to the residential area.

As they find suitable apartments, Mr. Geron asked Pierre about him.