Chapter 36 : Honesty in a rainy night

Start from the beginning

"is there something wrong with this soup base? I think it's very delicious."

"the ratio of the ham is too much. The asparagus is originally a vegetable that has a clear and light taste, too much ham, will spoil this kind of taste."

Iris showed a thinking expression, and had another mouth, then immediately nodded: "indeed it is."

At this time, Jungkook slowly stood up: "Let's go ba, I wish to go back to the hotel."

"What's wrong?"

"I wish to rest."

"Rest?" Iris frowned, "or is it because you're worried about whether Lisa has really gone touring at the Whitehouse?"

"What does she touring the Whitehouse have to do with me?" Jungkook's voice was cold, and even his expression had no change.

"Because it's raining, you worry that she'll get drenched. Because this isn't New York, you are worried that she'll get lost. Even if she didn't go out and is quietly staying in the room, it's almost dinnertime already, you hope that the person sitting opposite you is her."

Iris sat at her original place, quietly looking at Jungkook.

"what I want is to return to the hotel, not to look for her." Jungkook stopped his steps slightly, "Furthermore, Iris, speculating other people's moods may not be your expertise, but understanding other people's moods is my expertise."

"What's wrong? Can you hear the idolisation and admiration Lisa has for you?"

"no. I hear the dissatisfaction and disdain you have for Lisa. You think she is someone who has no basic understanding for cooking and has not the slightest sense for this art. You think she totally does not deserve any of my efforts, and is impossible for her to stand out in this field. And even more, you don't think that I really treat her as a student to teach."

"isn't that so?" Iris laughed lightly, "until now, what has she learned? I admit that she cut the salmon and steak very well, but so what? The days that she spends beside you, if it were any chef from our back kitchen, with your guidance, would have long had improved by leaps and bounds."

"the salmon and steak skill you talk about, Pepper learned it for a week, Lisa only used a day."

"Alright then, even if she really has talent, where do you have the confidence that she will be able to win the competition in three months?"

"I never said that I wanted her to win." Jungkook's voice was a calm as water.

On the contrary, Iris who was in front of him was extremely agitated.

"Then what's that point of bringing her to your side?"

"A person, who wants to make a difference in an area, must first accept it, then love it. This is the start for everything."

Iris was stunned.

Slowly, her face showed an expression of disbelief: "So...... you really plan to accept her as your student?"

"She has the most perfect sense of taste that I've ever seen."

After saying so, Jungkook tapped his cane gently, and walked towards the door.

At the moment the door opened, the threads of rain fell according to the wind, and the smells of the fresh green leaves blended into one body, the heaven and earth seemed to broaden up.

When Jungkook returned to the hotel room, everything was very quiet.

He opened the closet, slowly stretched his hand, fingertips touching the clothing inside.