Chapter 1: Old Acquaintance

Mulai dari awal

"Nice to meet you Sakura, there's no need to be so nervous. I don't bite, I promise." As I began to make conversation with Sakura, I noticed a blonde-haired boy sitting next to Miyuki stand up.

"Everyone, can I have your attention."

He seems like a stereotypical honors student.

"Since we are all going to be classmates, I was hoping we could take some time and introduce ourselves."

"Sounds like a good idea." Someone said.

"Yeah, let's do it." Agreed another.

"Alright, I'll go first then." Said the blond-haired boy.

"My name's Yosuke Hirata, but my friends in middle school called me Yosuke so feel free to do the same. My hobby is sports, but I mostly play soccer. I think I'm going to join the soccer club here. I hope we can all get along, it's nice to meet you all." He said, finishing with a bow.

Judging by the state of the class his introduction was well received. After him Miyuki stood up to give his introduction.

"Hi everyone. My name is Miyuki Shirogane, nice to meet you all. I was the student council president at my last school, so I never had time for other clubs. I'm looking forward to spending my time trying new things. I look forward to getting to know you all." He said in his usual demeanor.

The next few students' introductions weren't as memorable as his. Most of them were short and from people who didn't seem quite as comfortable speaking in front of people, and some of them were obviously full of lies. I mean how could you have played inter-high school sports in middle school.

"Well, I guess I'm up next."

The person was a girl who seem to give off friendly vibes.

"Hi everyone, my name is Kikyou Kushida, none of my friends from middle school made it here so I don't know anyone. I would like to get to know everyone here right away. It's my goal to become friends with everyone at this school, so after we finish introductions, please come share your contact information with me. "This girl was definitely going to be popular. Not only was she pretty, but she was the type to get along with everyone.

"So, during school or breaks please invite me to lots of events. I want to make memories with all of you." She continued. Anyway, I've talked for a long time now, so I'll finish my introduction here."

"Excuse me, can you introduce yourself?" Hirata asked.

"Hmph. Fine." He smirked, displaying his impudent attitude. As he shifted in his seat, I thought he might stand up, but Kouenji placed both of his legs on his desk and introduced himself. "My name is Rokusuke Kouenji. As the sole male heir to the Kouenji conglomerate group, I will soon be tasked with carrying Japan into the future. I sincerely look forward to making your acquaintance, ladies."

He directed his introduction entirely at the girls of out class. Just about what I would expect from him.

After hearing that he was rich, some of the girls looked at him with sparkling eyes, while others regarded Kouenji as if he were nothing more than a weirdo. I was among the latter.

"Starting today, I will mercilessly punish anyone who makes me uncomfortable. Please exercise proper precaution so that you may avoid that."

"Um, Kouenji-kun. What exactly do you mean when you say, 'anyone who makes me uncomfortable'?" asked Hirata, who looked uneasy at the word "punish."

"I meant exactly what I said. If asked to give an example, well... I would say I hate ugly things, for instance. So, if I saw something ugly, I would do just as I said."