Day 9

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding*

There was an auditory groan as Chan walked out of his English Language class. For the first time in five days, he was now heading to mandatory football practice.

Did he miss it?

Of course he did--or was it the team he missed?

A loud voice yelled from the middle of the football field: "Dino-ya!"

Soon after followed an eruption of cheers from the same area. The open air and cool breeze of the Korean air hit Chan's face lightly. The cheers of his fellow teammates gave a contrasting warmth to the chilled atmosphere. With the new found warmth, Chan made his way towards the middle field, ready to greet his hyungs who were most definitely worried about him--or were they?

"Chan-ah! Are you okay?"

"Dino-ya!"

"You're back!"

"Did you rest well?"

"Are you okay?"

"I missed you so much Nodi!"

Chan tried his best to stay calm. He took in all the worries they voiced out upon the sight of Chan returning to practice. A small smile shined from Chan's face. He looked at everyone through his eye smile, taking in the twelve other happy faces. 

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine.

Chan looked over at his hyungs again. Still keeping the smile on his face, he however concentrated, counting the smiles again. 

Three of them were not smiling.

He thought to himself, looking at them with a now forced smile. 

"C-Coups-hyung. I guess he's still mad at me.. all because I said Shu-" Chan looked over at Joshua. He smiled helplessly, looking at his hyung who in return wasn't looking back at him. "Is Shua-hyung sad about us? I-Isn't it for the better that we hide our relationship, though? I didn't want to agree to this either, but why is he taking it so hard? Why is he making this so much harder for himself? Hyung.."

Chan's smile started to wear off. Looking at the team leader, he let out a sigh:

"Hyung, I'm ready!"

Throughout practice, Chan couldn't help but look at the three hyungs who didn't welcome him back with a smile. He had a hunch on why S.Coups and Joshua wouldn't be pleased seeing him, but--"What was his name? Seungchan? Seungkwan? Seungkwan!"--why was Seungkwan just as displeased as the other two?

Every time he looked up at Boo Seungkwan, he'd be met with a look of utter disgust. Chan has never seen such sass in his life. He was looked at like he was nothing but a piece of trash. The eyes of judgement; those eyes reminded him of someone: his scary professor. As Chan continued to glance at this now 'Professor Boo' he felt so judged.

"Okay! N-Next-huff-it's time for our laps!" S.Coups commanded like the great team captain he was.

"Yes, sir!" The twelve others responded.

Chan began to jog with the rest of the members. Jogging near the front, next to the jogging angel, he kept an eye on Seungkwan who was steadily keeping pace in the middle of the group. He didn't understand what he could be so annoyed of, and to find out, Chan began to fall behind.

He slowed his pace down, allowing Seungkwan to catch up with him.

Seungkwan side-eyed the younger boy as he jogged next to him.

"What do you want?" Chan was asked with an annoyed tone.

"H-Hyung, I want to ask you something.." 

There was another side eye before Seungkwan looked ahead of him. His eyes squinted and his lips pursed in a sassy way before letting out a sigh.

Seungkwan began to slow down: Chan noticed and slowed himself, too. The two young boys jogged at the same pace, falling behind the eleven other members of the football team. 

"Okay," Seungkwan began. "What do you want?"

"I-I just wanted to know.. d-do you d-dislike me or--" Chan was interrupted as he was asking in between pants and breaths.

"Yeah."

A look of utter disbelief was on Chan's face. Mouth dropped. Eyes widened. With everything Chan has experienced, it was somehow much harder for Chan to hear that there was someone who actually disliked him.

"C-Can I ask why?"

"Listen. You annoy me. And that's that."

"Wh-What?"

Seungkwan rolled his eyes and answered with a stern huff before letting Chan have it: 

"Okay listen." He stopped Chan in his tracks. "I don't appreciate you coming in here and sleeping with our team captain. And because of that you just went off to Team Seven's dorm party and make yourself a fucking sob story?" 

Seungkwan grabbed Chan by his throat, choking him as his hands grasped around his neck like a constricting snake.

"Don't give us bad press, I've done so much to help get our team recognized and you're going to ruin all of-"

"Boo Seungkwan!"

"Ya! Uri Boo! What are you doing to my baby?" Jeonghan screamed out.

The two boys looked over at the eleven others who had stopped their routinely jog and instead were turned around, facing the two, all with confused expressions.

Seungkwan took his hands off the younger's neck and looked at Chan with a side eye. He pursed his lips into a kiss-like shape and said in a displeased tone: "Nothing."

Seungkwan jogged his way back to the rest as Chan stood there speechless.

"Sob story?" Chan looked at Seungkwan with a saddened face. He then looked down at his left hand, turning over to look at his own palm. Chan slowly brought his hand up to his neck and wrapped it around the front accordingly, imitating the very same gesture Seungkwan had just done to him. He applied a gentle pressure in his palm, grasping at his own throat. 

Chan felt himself get warm as he tightened the grip around his neck; only this time, he wished it was his hyung doing it again.