𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 13

~

𝙰 𝙶𝙻𝙸𝙼𝙿𝚂𝙴 𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙾 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙵𝚄𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴

{𝙳𝙴𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝙽}

Lauren led us through several narrow, dark alleys.

Dua and Jisoo brought up the rear. Mani and I never loosened our grip on one another's hands.

Our path led to a dead end at a brick wall. Lauren strode forward before droppin' down into an open hole in the street without breaking pace. It was a drain. Vic followed her down. Mani was about to do the same before I stopped her.

"Let me go first," I said. "I'll catch you when you drop."

She smiled at me before I winked her way. I dropped down, lookin' back up at her and signaling her to do the same. I caught her with ease, keepin' her close to me as Dua and Jisoo followed suit.

We all followed Lauren through the sewer. I met Mani's eyes as they glowed in the darkness. They looked reassuring, but tense as hell. That's when we finally reached a folding iron elevator door.

Lauren easily pulled it aside before we all entered. The ride up was short. And before we knew it, we were exiting into the lobby of the Volturi headquarters. It was an elegantly decorated space with old world charm.

We were politely greeted by an attractive receptionist

"Buon pomeriggio," she smiled.

I sent a polite smile back as best I could as we headed through the lobby to a long corridor. We reached the carved double doors that opened to a circular, white, marble hall.