𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 1

~

𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁, 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙰𝙳𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴𝚂

{𝙳𝙴𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝙽}

><
{𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍: "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚋𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙴𝚍𝚎𝚗" 𝚋𝚢 𝙰𝚄𝚁𝙾𝚁𝙰}
><

"These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and power, which, as they kiss, consume..."

The dark, lush greenery of the forest floor surrounded me. I was reading an excerpt from the most beautiful piece of literature before I looked around to find myself all alone. Rising from where I was, I ran in search for my love. She was usually anywhere I was.

"Mani!" I called out.

Ahead, through the thick forest, I saw sunlight – a clearing. I made my way towards it before arriving to a meadow. Not too far from me was Mani, lookin' beautiful as ever as she smiled at me.

"There you are," I said in relief.

But just as soon as I acknowledged her, she disappeared, replaced by an old man with white hair framing his chin. My eyes widened with surprise as soon as I recognized who he was.

"Grandad?"

He looked just as shocked as me. I smiled and waved as he did the same. I started makin' my way over to him before hearin' Mani's voice sound from behind me.

"D..."

She emerged from the forest, her perfect skin shining under the sun. I beamed at her, completely in love with everything about her. That's when she started movin' to the edge of the shade, inches from the sun's rays.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I said, trynna stop her. "Babe, what you doin'? He'll see!"

But Mani just smiled and stepped further into the sunlight. Sunbeams shattered off her skin like a thousand rainbow shards, as if she were made of diamonds.

It was a beautiful sight. I was so entranced by her as she wrapped her arms around my torso, smilin' up at me as I kissed her nose.

We both turned to my grandfather, whose expression was just as calm as mine. His arms were extended as if he was holdin' someone.

I was about to introduce him to Mani before seein' him mimic my movements just as I was doin' them. Confused, I reached out to him and touched...glass?

I was suddenly surrounded by a gilded frame. It was a mirror mounted on a wall with wallpaper reflecting a surreal dreamlike version of the forest behind me.

"Oh, shit..." I uttered, realizing that the man in front of me wasn't Granddad...it was me...sixty-five years older.

I looked over to Mani, her still bein' that eternally perfect twenty-one year old. I looked back in the mirror to see her take my wrinkled hand, kissing it before bringing it to her cheek. She leaned in real close to my face before whispering to me.

"Happy birthday..."

><
{𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍: "𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚈𝚘𝚞" 𝚋𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝙳𝙼𝙻}
><