𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 12

~

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳𝚂 𝙰𝚆𝙰𝚈 𝙵𝚁𝙾𝙼 𝙳𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙷

{𝙳𝙴𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝙽}

There's no way...

...there's no way Normani – the woman that stole my heart when she left – called my house phone and Jorja hung up on her. I looked at her like she was out of her mind.

"Why the fuck ain't you let me talk to her!?" I exclaimed.

"D, she didn't ask for you..." she replied right before her eyes darted to the kitchen's entryway, me following her line of sight before seein' Vic.

She stood in the doorway looking empty, despairing. Fresh tears clouded her hazel eyes before she looked up at me. I hurried over to her before putting a comforting touch to her arm.

"What'd you see?" I asked.

"...Mani..." she whimpered, "...I saw her...she...she thinks you're dead..."

"Fuck..." I grunted, pinching the bridge of my nose as I felt my anxiety shoot up.

"...D, she's going to Italy," Vic continued. "To the Volturi."

My blood ran cold at the mere name before I raced up to my room and started shovin' clothes into an overnight bag. It didn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

As long as I'm breathin', I was gonna fight for my baby.

Jorja was right behind me, her emotions at an all time high. We were both scared – me of losing Normani, Jorja of losing me trynna save Normani.

"Why do you have to go?" Jorja asked, watching me move frantically about my room.

"Mani won't believe Vic," I explained. "She's gotta see that I'm actually alive."

Jorja put a hand to my arm, the both of us locking eyes.

"She left you, D...she didn't want you anymore, remember?"

"But I still love her. I'm not lettin' her kill herself out of guilt."

I could tell my declaration wounded Jorja. Any other time, I would bring her into my arms and console her. But I simply didn't have the time. I pulled myself away from her before continuing to pack.

"What about your parents?" she asked, tryin' every attempt to keep me from leaving.

"Jorja, I'm grown. I'll leave 'em a note."

I looked up just in time to see Vic enter the room, wavin' her phone in my direction.

"I got the airline tickets," she said.

"Ya'll might hunt animals," Jorja said, squarin' off with Vic, "but those monsters in Italy don't."

"No shit," Vic combatted.

"So, if you know that, why the hell are you taking him to them like a bottle of wine to a party!?"

"Oh, right! Like he's better off here with Billie stalkin' him! You know, the one ya'll can't seem to catch?"

As soon as I heard a growl bubble up from Jorja's throat, I interceded. If I let her, Jorja would've morphed right in my kitchen. I stepped right in front of her and looked in her eyes, gently pinching her chin.

"Hey," I said with finality in my tone, "don't start that shit. Not here. I need you to calm down, alright?"

I saw the fire dwindle in her eyes before I looked back to Victoria.